Notice: `name` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_config' table! in public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 914

CIMS

I suddenly get this error. I tried to read about it, but I cannot find out where to go for the table and how to fix it. I tried to put a backup in place but that made it even worse. I am not that technical that I can fix a thing like this without step by step guidance. I did not upgrade recently. I did made some changes to products etc. Please Help :,(

The error `name_of_table_column` is not allowed as a key happens most often when PHP has lost the ability to talk to the database.

When PHP starts running the CubeCart script (happens for every page request), CubeCart asks PHP to make a connection to the database server, and this connection is maintained until the script has finished. But during the running of the script, if the database connection gets dropped, or the database server "goes away" because too many other shared hosted accounts are pounding away at it and it has no more capacity to answer your requests, then CubeCart's response is to log an error saying the column_name to be read from or written to is not allowed, or "does not exists" because the database didn't say that such a column exists in the table referenced.

So, aside from the situation mentioned in an earlier reply, you may want to contact your hosting provider to determine if the database server you are to use is being overwhelmed.

Hello bsmither,

Thanks for the reply, so if i understand correctly, when the database server is not being overwhelmed anymore than it will fix itself? 

Can I undo a backup?

If an overwhelmed database server is the actual problem, then when the database server sheds enough of that overload, your installation will resume normal operations.

If you took a "backup" of your database just before you decided to restore from a previous backup, then you can restore from that last backup. Otherwise (and I have no idea if this is an actual feature), perhaps your hosting account control panel has a "Whups! Didn't mean to do that!" undo function.

Archived