product option

Christopher Short

Can I set product options with different product codes? I track items by product code, but some "same" items have different items and therefore have different product codes for inventory, but I really dont want to make multiple identical item listings(some items have 8 different choices. 

this is where I am stuck:

I have a system that manages inventory from my POS to cubecart(POS is master levels). When I sell an item, cubecart order is downloaded to my POS and the new stock table is uploaded back to cubecart. When I have an item with multiple product options, I need the stock level to update the product options(lets use colors: I may only have red and yellow, but blue needs to show out of stock). Best I can tell currently, the product codes used in the options matrix do not actually update with stock changes. Any ideas to fix this?

Yes, the distinctive product codes will appear on the sales receipt and shipping manifest.

No, there is no API method of having an external operation change CubeCart stock levels - either to change the master level or to change the option matrix levels.

However, a plugin could be written to do that.

I am to understand that your process of updating stock levels is to "whole-cloth" re-populate the Inventory database table?

8 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Yes, the distinctive product codes will appear on the sales receipt and shipping manifest.

No, there is no API method of having an external operation change CubeCart stock levels - either to change the master level or to change the option matrix levels.

However, a plugin could be written to do that.

I am to understand that your process of updating stock levels is to "whole-cloth" re-populate the Inventory database table?

As best as I can tell, yes the inventory is re-populated. It is the webconnector from quickbooks POS to cubecart. 

Archived