Erratic Cart Update

QuotesUK

The Cart/Basket update page is not working correctly. Product removals and additions are not being updated. I have disabled all caching on the server.

In my php error log I see this error

Shipping not setup or allow no shipping not enabled in /home/mydomain/classes/cubecart.class.php on line 1707

The "No Shipping Setup" error is caused by there being no enabled shipping module installed, or all enabled shipping modules determined it could not calculate a shipping cost.

By disabling "caching on the server", is this a server-based cache mechanism, or are you referring to CubeCart's "Enable Cache" setting in admin?

By disabling "caching on the server" I mean two things...

1/ the expiry date setting for each file type is removed from htaccess

2/ the hosting company's cache is disabled

I did this so that I could be sure that the page served was loaded fresh. I am not using Cloudflare.

The product updates work sometimes and update basket seems to help but sometimes clicking on the delete button doesn't work, and sometimes new products are not being added to the basket.

CubeCart Caching is enabled

I have All In One Shipping module and it is up to date

I switched on debugging - there are no errors until something is added to the basket, and then I get the following

[Notice] /home/mydomain/classes/cubecart.class.php:1602
Undefined index: coupons[Notice] /home/mydomain/classes/cubecart.class.php:1626
Undefined index: free_coupon_shipping[Notice] /home/mydomain/classes/tax.class.php:100
Undefined variable: taxes[Notice] /home/mydomain/classes/tax.class.php:100
Undefined index: inherited[Notice] /home/mydomain/classes/tax.class.php:100
Undefined index: value[Notice] /home/mydomain/classes/tax.class.php:129
Undefined variable: basket_taxes[Notice] /home/mydomain/classes/tax.class.php:130
Undefined variable: display_taxes[Notice] /home/mydomain/classes/cubecart.class.php:1741
Undefined index: gateway[Notice] /home/mydomain/classes/cubecart.class.php:2127
Undefined index: base_folder[Notice] /home/mydomain/classes/cubecart.class.php:1746
Undefined variable: list_checkouts

The debug in AIOS didn’t show any errors. However the problem I had seen wasn’t to do with shipping costs it was to do with the addition/removal of products behaving erratically. I am using the past tense here because now it is behaving as normal. And the only new error in the log file is a solitary php warning for a non-numeric value in classes/catalogue.class.php on line 116 from someone's earlier visit. I am guessing my changes to caching options (outside CubeCart) have stabilised the situation.

bsmither thank you for your feedback and advice - unless this problem comes back I think it is probably best to draw a line under this one

Archived