All In One Shipping: Question...

RPDC

Hello All, I am using the All In One Shipping module. I've selected "Total quantity-based rates" option. I have included the chart of shipping rates here that I created. This works absolutely fine. However, if a customer wants to purchase 4 pedigrees for the 4 birds he purchased the system want to charge him postage for 8 birds:  $88. How can I either not charge postage for the 4 pedigrees or just add say only $2.50 for postage which could be added to the postage of 4 birds: $70 + $2.50 = $72.50.

The pedigrees are just 4 pcs of 8.5 x 11 inch paper of which I charge $15 each.

Any help and input is always appreciated!

TY

Tony

894071887_USEXPRESSMAIL.jpg.ac94f54ff9ba391e1c8cf5f23e87604b.jpg

Could the pedigree be an option to the product? An option that does not change the weight of the product, but is a $15 additional charge.

Also, take a look at the Per Category shipping module. It will give shipping charges by category -- the birds being in a "Bird" category and the pedigrees being in a "Pedigree" category, only the Bird category having shipping charges:
$40 per shipment
$10 per bird
(but doesn't match what you have now)

Thank you both for your replies and suggestions!

bsmither, the "Could the pedigree be an option to the product?" seems the way to go as it is actually an add-on to the bird being purchased although down the road someone opting to not add the pedigree to the initial order could come back and purchase it.

I took a look at the Pricing Tab but am just not getting how to set this up. Can you point in the right direction?

Again thank you both for your suggestions!!

Tony

Archived