server updatre to PHP 7.2 and CubeCart 6.2.2 goes offline

JerS

Hello CC-team,

I recently had CubeCart offline due to an update of PHP on the hosting server.

My hosting provider updated PHP 5.6 to 7.2
This resulted in a blank CC-shop page.

CubeCart doesn't seem to run on PHP 7.2. I use CubeCart 6.2.2

Thankfully the provider placed my webspace on a not updated server.
But eventually it will be updated.

Just to let you know.

Kind regards,
Jeroen

CubeCart works perfectly on PHP7.2 and if I was you, I would take up the following points with your hosting company as being pretty unprofessional

1) If they did the update without plenty of prior notice then that is wrong - there are plenty of things that upgrading the version of PHP can break

2) It is most likely that you are running a third party extension that has been encoded using ionCube and when updating the version of PHP, you would need to obtain a new version of that plugin encoded to run on PHP 7.2  However, this would be obvious from the PHP error_log file and server logs and so should have been seen by the hosting company

However, you need to check your local PHP error_log file and get your hosting company to check server error logs as one of these will undoubtedly show the problem

Ian

My guess (a guess because I am not an expert in server environments) is that the PHP.INI file that was for PHP5.6 was carried over to PHP7.2 - and this config file has references to a "path" setting that has not been updated so as to remove paths with /php56/ and add paths with /php72/ which is what open_basedir is restricting access to.

Please submit this error_log file to your hosting provider and consult with them to determine what course of action is needed.

• 1 month later...

Archived