Auto redirect back to cart from Authorize.net

markosolo

Anyway to automatically redirect back to the cart "thank you" page after payment using the SIM Authorize.net payment extension?

After payment the customer must click on the "Return to store and confirm order" which can be a problem if overlooked. I've tried adding https://www.mywebsiteurl.com/index.php?_g=remote&type=gateway&cmd=process&module=Authorize to the Default Relay Response URL field in my Authorize.net sandbox account but all that does is take me to https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll and gives me a no styles version of my home page.

Thanks!

The "automatic" transfer of the customer to your store from Authorize.net's payment page must be implemented on that payment page. If Authorize.net gives you a simple link, then that could be all that you get.

However, Authorize.net should send an Instant Notice to your store informing the store of the payment transaction results. It is this that has CubeCart moving the order to Processing.

What problems are you observing when the customer does not return to your store after making payment?

Authorize.net SIM uses a callback method (similar to PayPal's IPN) to notify your store of the transaction.

Has this never worked for you?

(For a store I manage, it uses Authorize.net SIM and this is how it works for that store. I will look over the settings at Authorize.net's Merchant Control Panel shortly.)

Actually, I am just in the test sandbox phase of putting together a store for a client and have never used Authorize.net before. When I do a test purchase SIM works great as long as I click on that last "Return to store & confirm order" button. I might be overthinking this but my concern is that after the customer clicks on "Pay Now" and sees the "Thank you for your order!" receipt (screenshot in last post) that they will ignore the return to store link and just move on. My initial thought was to add some kind of javascript that would return to the store without having to click anything. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look into this for me.

Archived