reCAPTCHA

Ggib

Having a few problems with our site and reCAPTCHA.

When it is selected to be active on the site (using keys and codes from google) it seems that customers are obligated to create an account before being able to purchase anything. By switching it off however, there is no obligation to create an account in order to purchase but we then seem be getting a lot of spam emails generated. 

Is there anyway to have reCAPTCHA in place but still give customers the option to buy without necessarily having to create an account?

What you are asking for is how CubeCart is supposed to work. During non-logged-in checkout, there are three additional form elements (as well as a form to enter billing and delivery addresses): a reCaptcha (if enabled and if not solved elsewhere - such as a product review), a "I read the Terms and Conditions" checkbox, and a "I want to create an account" checkbox.

This is how CubeCart has worked for many, many versions.

Do you use a third-party skin?

No we use a cubecart skin but we recently had to change to the recommended new reCAPTCHA (with the key & code) as the old one stopped working and people were unable to pu4chase from the site. It has only been since this change that we have been experiencing problems. It now does not allow you create the account even if the box has been checked

No we use a cubecart skin but we recently had to change to the recommended new reCAPTCHA (with the key & code) as the old one stopped working and people were unable to pu4chase from the site. It has only been since this change that we have been experiencing problems. It now does not allow you create the account even if the box has been checked

of the three choices in the Features tab in Store settings, Off works but creates spam, plain reCAPTCHA no longer functions and the new recommended reCAPTCHA seems to prevent the account being created

yes we got the codes for the reCAPTCHA from the site on google. Is this not correct?

The way you describe the reCaptcha choices, indicates you may be running a version of CubeCart earlier than CC622. The choices are Off (Not recommended), reCAPTCHA v2, and Invisible reCAPTCHA (Recommended).

Do you believe the skin may have been updated (or at least coded for) CC622 but you aren't running CC622? (Just a guess.)

Hi

We were running an older version of cubecart but now, having just backed up and upgraded to 6.2.2 we cannot get into the admin side of our site. Instead of getting the usual cubecart admin log in page we are now getting a page stating that our domiain name is regsitered with yoursupposrtservices.

Any ideas what is going on? This has happened before after upgrading 

Depending what you upgraded from, and how, your administration script (admin.php) may have a new name: admin_xXyYzZ.php. Where xXyYzZ is a series of random characters.

So, your hosting provider may have an override on a 404 situation: if admin.php is not found, you get your hosting provider's 404 page (instead of what the .htaccess file has).

Look at the files in this site's hosted space and determine how many files start with admin, and determine if you need to change any shortcuts you may have to your site.

Weird!

Yes, FTP the /admin/ folder and admin.php file to your site.

Then, using a programmer's text editor, examine the contents of /includes/global.inc.php.

The values for each of these two variables must match their counterpart!
The value for 'adminFile' must be the name of the actual file, and
the value for 'adminFolder' must be the name of the actual folder.

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin';

For the upgrade process, did you run Setup?

We did the upgrade through the maintenance part of the admin where we backed up the files under the backup tab  and then did the upgrade using the option to upgrade under the upgrade tab within cubecart .

Once we move the admin folder across will we still be able to login using the same password we have been using?

By your saying

"The values for each of these two variables must match their counterpart! The value for 'adminFile' must be the name of the actual file, and the value for 'adminFolder' must be the name of the actual folder.

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';

$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin';  "

what do you mean the name of the actual file and actual folder? Am I supposed to be seeing as you have written (which is what is there) or am I supposed to be seeing the name of our site somewhere in amongst that?

Now that we have moved the admin folder and file across and I have checked the contents of includes/global.inc.php, we are now being given a 404 Not found error of 'the requested URL/admin/ was not found on this server as the message.

The URL you will be typing into your browser is exactly:

https://www.MY_SITE.com/admin_xXyYzZ.php

where _xXyYzZ is a random string preceded by an underscore, or simply

https://www.MY_SITE.com/admin.php

if the admin script filename has no random characters.

Again, the 'adminFile' value in globals.inc.php must match the actual admin script filename (same goes for the 'adminFolder' value).

As opposed to much earlier versions of CubeCart, you MUST NOT use either of these URL:

https://www.MY_SITE.com/admin/
nor
https://www.MY_SITE.com/admin/index.php

The above URLs return a 404 (by design).

OK so we now seem to be able to get back into the admin side of our site but there are a few new things going on with the updated version. 

Under the general tab in store settings, when adding a new product there are some new details to add, one of which is a box that needs to be checked to include in latest products. However when checked it will not save as checked and instead it comes up with a message at the top in red saying “no product changes were made”.

we also have a big yellow box saying “clear cache” on it which keeps reappearing. 

Do you recall running SETUP in the process of upgrading to CC622?

Setup will make any adjustments needed to the database to accommodate the features added as of the version you updated from.

In an effort to keep clearing CubeCart's cache activity at a sane level, all changes (that get databased, which is nearly everything) are actually databased, but CubeCart will not clear the cache after each every change. That means price changes, stock levels, and everything else will NOT change as viewed from the store front until the admin is finished with the administrating session and clicks the lit Clear Cache button. (CubeCart clears the cache and all SQL queries made from that point are re-cached.)

Check the Marketplace to see if the skin has been updated to CC622 standards. If you were running a skin originally developed for CC5 that has not been updated, I have instructions to get it working with the latest reCaptcha.

HI.

Yes we upgraded using SETUP.

Apparently the skin we have is not compatible with reCaptcha so please can you send the instructions to get it working.

7 hours ago, Ggib said:

Under the general tab in store settings, when adding a new product there are some new details to add, one of which is a box that needs to be checked to include in latest products. However when checked it will not save as checked and instead it comes up with a message at the top in red saying “no product changes were made”. 

Do you know how to solve the above too?

When CubeCart issues an UPDATE SQL query to the database, the MySQL database engine first checks to determine if there are any values in the statement different than what is already in that record. If there is no actual need to change anything, the database engine reports that the UPDATE didn't happen (but not a failure). The engine will also report for any statement on how many records were affected.

The column "featured latest" was added to the database table CubeCart_inventory with CubeCart 6.1. If this column did not get added to this table during the SETUP upgrade, then this will explain the anomaly you are seeing. (CubeCart first checks to make sure the target columns exist before issuing the SQL statement.)

Send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the instructions.

What skin are you using?

Archived