Wrong tax calculation if a promo code is applied

SergeiG

Hi!

I'm using Cubecart v.6.17 and faced with the following issue:

When client make an order with usage a promo-code, tax is calculated for ((sub-total - discount)+shipping) instead of just (sub-total - discount).

For example:

Sub-total: 118.00

Discount 10% = 11.80

Shipping = 5.00

!!! Tax 5% = 5.56 (118-11.8+5)*0.05

But it should be 5.31 (118-11.8)*0.05

I have checked all details for a promo code and for the tax, for both of them 'shipping' box isn't selected.

If it's famous issue, which was corrected in latest versions, could it be possible to receive a corrected piece of code?

Thank you

On 1/14/2019 at 1:39 AM, bsmither said:

We would like to ask if your shipping charges are, in fact, taxable.

Your shipping modules should have a setting on their General tab to indicate what Tax Type (Standard, Reduced, None) should be applied.

Hi, sorry for delay with answer.

Thank you for the advice. I use "All in one shipping" module, and I checked settings - Tax Type is equal 0% for shipping.

Actually, I faced with this issue only when customers use discount promo-codes (percentage or amount). If it's a regular order without discount, everything is ok. 

My experiment involved the Per Category shipping method on CubeCart 6.1.8. So, not an exact copy of what you have.

But, CubeCart calculated the correct total (taxes on the product cost only - both with and without a coupon discount).

Is there a reason why your installation is still at CC617?

This might apply:
https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2096

Archived