Digital downloads

webspinning

I am setting up a new digital video download site.  All going well and working fine until I try to enable the content from a mobile device.

Tried adding a custom file path to the actual MP4 and I don't have access to download - which I think is fine.

Anyone got any ideas on how to enable MP4 if the link in the order confirmation is clicked from a mobile device please?

Please verify the link looks identical between the desktop browser versus the mobile browser.

And, what is the actual response on the mobile browser after having clicked the link?

I just set my desktop browser to "lie" and claim it is an iPhone5. The link is the same as before, and clicking it started the download of the PDF file I have associated with the product related tot he link.

That is to say, I was not able to reproduce your observation. (Granted, I did not use an actual mobile device.) But as far as CubeCart is concerned, having a User Agent string saying the browser is a 'mobile' browser, did not change how the file was to be sent out onto the Internet.

• 3 weeks later...

More testing this morning and some interesting results.

Place the MP4 files for download in the secure 'File' folder tick the check box for the file location
Purchase MP4 from the shop
Select the link from the Purchasers email: 
  from mobile device - image as above - nothing plays.
  from PC file downloaded to download folder and can be played from here.

Place the MP4 files for download in the non secure 'Public' folder and enter the link in the custom file path
Purchase MP4 from the shop
Select the link from the Purchasers email: 
  from mobile device - MP4 plays.
  from PC - MP4 plays.

Obviously from the public directory the link is available to be found/copied etc so not an ideal location but I get the result I need.  How can I get this result from the secure 'File' folder please?

Archived