Images cache

Ggib

I have been trying to move our site from one domain name to another but have noticed that the cache folder within the images folder seems to now have over 30,000 files (according to cyber duck) and therefore the up and downloads keep timing out.  As a result our switching between domain names is being hindered as I cannot get a complete download to happen  

The back up function within cubecart also seems to time out before completing  

How have all these files built up and surely they are not all necessary for the running of the site?

Any ideas?

That’s great. Thank you for that but can you tell me which folder the images are actually stored other than in the cache so that I do not inadvertently get rid of all the images from the site?

Also I assumed that when you clear the cache on the admin side all the unnecessary rubbish got cleared out anyway.

Is this not the case and will we have to periodic ‘clear outs’as it were?

Ah! So I’m assuming I just ‘select all’ within the cache folder and delete?

Is there anything within that cache folder that is required? Or can I even just delete the cache folder and then make a new one with the same name?

Ah! So I’m assuming I just ‘select all’ within the cache folder and delete?

Is there anything within that cache folder that is required? Or can I even just delete the cache folder and then make a new one with the same name?

By the cache in main is that the cache folder located underneath backup in the list of folders rather than in some folder named ‘main’?

Also are all the invidual skins folders necessary - as in all the skins that are not being used? We started off with cubecart when there were various skins to choose from - all with their own folder? Can these also be left off when uploading to the new domain?

In the <main>/cache/ folder, one can ignore all files and folders (but keep the .htaccess file if present) within.

In <main>/images/cache/, one can ignore all files and folders within.

In <main>/backup/, download those files to your personal workstation for safe keeping.

By <main>, we mean to say this is the folder where the installed CubeCart's index.php, admin_aBcXyZ.php, and ini.inc.php files are located.

You can ignore the <main>/skins/ subfolders for skins you are not going to be using.

Archived