Tried to upgrade and can't get into admin page

Brian T

Hello,

I've just clicked the link to upgrade to the newest version of Cubecart.  After a second or so the browser went to a white "Can't find this page screen", and now when I go to the admin page

www.mentalstarters.co.uk/admin.php  I'm just getting the "404 - Page not found" message.

The website itself appears to be there

Help please :)

It is highly likely that the upgrade has failed and you are running a mix of versions - depending on what version you were upgrading from, this was a known issue and you will need to do a manual upgrade to fix the problem.

Newer version of CubeCart rename the admin.php file to admin_xxxxxx.php where xxxxxx is a random set of letters so that is why the old admin.php is not working but the problem was that happened while upgrading occurred after the rename but before the upgrade had completed.

Ian

We ask that you first log in to your hosting account's control panel (Cpanel?) and use the File Manager to determine the names of the administration script and the administration folder.

Look for all instances of files and folders that begin with admin.

If you have a PHP script that begins with admin, but then also has as part of its name an underscore followed by a series of random letters (i.e., admin_aBcDeF.php), then this is the web address you will need to use to get into the admin of your store: www.mystore.com/admin_aBcDeF.php.

I think there used to be a folder called admin (as I have a backup from a year or so ago of such a folder), but there's none in there (when looking using a FTP program).

I can see some php scripts under the list of folders which begin with admin.  The are called:

admin_enc_ion.php

admin_php5.2_enc_zend.php

admin_php5.3_enc_zend.php

It's not showing any of these as having been altered since 2013.

I can't get into the admin section using any of these - the first one just give a blank page, and the last two come up with pages which mention ZEND guard missing.

Those files listed above are remnants of a prior version of CubeCart 5. Although present, they will be ignored as long as there is an administrative script for CubeCart 6.

Because you find neither an /admin/ folder or an admin PHP script, we now advise you to FTP a complete package of (uncompressed) CC622 files and folders to your site.

Do not delete anything yet, but allow the FTP to overwrite ("merge" is the proper term for one certain FTP program for the Mac) existing files.

It all seems to be working again.  Many thanks.

I see it's using pHp version 5.6.39, but my web provider have e-mailed today to say that I should upgrade to version 7.2.  I can do this using my 1 and 1 login page.

If I upgrade, will cubecart still work?

Yes, CC622 will work with PHP 7.2.

Be aware, however, plugins provided by some third-parties will need to have new versions replace older versions. These plugins require the ionCube loader, and ionCube is such that there are specific versions of the loader for respective versions of PHP, and also that PHP code that requires the loader be "compiled" against that specific version of the loader being used.

That is, if upgrade PHP, then also upgrade the ionCube loader to match, then the plugin author will need to recompile their PHP scripts against that new loader version, and the plugin user replaces the previous version of the plugin with the new version.

Also, there are PHP extensions that CubeCart 622 needs that have, on the rare occasion, not been enabled with PHP 7: ZIPArchive and MBString.

So, in admin, PHP Info, scroll through the tables verifying the presence of these extensions.

Archived