Cubecart install in two different folders - possible?

CoderJim

Hello,

I believe its possible to install cubecart into two separate/unique folders within the same main home/html directory but before I pull the trigger and 'admin the install' I would appreciate a confirmation or other comments/suggestions please.

Thanks

Thank you for your help. I have the option with my host/domain to add subdomains so I installed in the new subdomain folder within the main domain's public folder- root/public/old content and root/public/new folder/new content -and everything is working other than a few design issues I posted about, all's well, so thank you again.

• 9 months later...
On 26/01/2019 at 23:44, bsmither said:

Oui, CubeCart (s) existera aisément dans les dossiers frères tels que / public_html / store1 /, / public_html / store2 /, etc.

Il est cependant très délicat de les faire partager la même base de données.

good evening, I'm going to do the same thing but I want to be able to have different products in each subdomain and be able to add or remove products on a site without impacting others, how to proceed (I think create a database by subdomains ).
note: I will use the information and contents of my current site, but will install it in a new domain, so I have some problems with the database ...

cordially

bonsoir, je vais faire la meme  chose mais  je veux pouvoir  avoir des produits different dans chaque sous domaines et pouvoir  ajouter ou supprimer des produits sur un site sans que ca  impacte les autres, comment  procéder (je pense  creer une base de données par sous domaines ).
note : je vais utiliser  les infos et contenus dee mon site actuel, mais vais l'installer dans un nouveau domaine, la aussi j'ai des soucis de base de données ...

cordialement 

During the "setup" of CubeCart, one of the installation pages will ask about where the database is located, and the user/password that database will be authorized to use.

One other question is allowing this particular installation to have a "table prefix".

Specifying a table prefix will allow CubeCart#1 to use tables prefixed with, for example, store1_, and allow CubeCart#2 to use tables prefixed with, for example, store2_.

Using table prefixes allows both CubeCart installations (or more) to use the same user to access the one single database that is located on the database server.

Il y a 32 minutes, bsmither a dit:

Lors de la "configuration" de CubeCart, l'une des pages d'installation vous demandera où se trouve la base de données et le mot de passe que cette base de données sera autorisée à utiliser. :

le problème est que je veux utiliser tout le contenu et les paramètres de mon site actuel, du domaine de mon ancienne société (produits, traductions en 3 langues, plugins de configuration, etc. mais sous un nouveau nom de domaine), so I do not have access to the config interface of the name of the database at creation because I use the content of my old site already create.

Une autre question est de permettre à cette installation particulière d'avoir une "préfixe de table".

Spécificateur de l' ONU préfixé Table Ë CubeCart # permettra d'1 des tables UTILISER préfixées AVEC , par exemple, store1_ , et CubeCart # 2 autorisera à des tables UTILISER portantes , par exemple, store2_ .

CubeCart (ou plus) utiliser le même utilisateur pour accéder à la base de données.

oui je sais, je l’ai vu mais en utilisant la base de données existante de mon ancien site, je pense que cela complique vraiment les modifications à apporter, sur mon serveur je ne limite pas vraiment le nombre de bases de données, c’est pourquoi je voulais créer une base par sous-domaines ( 4)

Using a new domain name for CubeCart is not a problem.

Copy CubeCart to a new folder. Make a new domain name point to that folder. CubeCart will work regardless of the domain name used.

You will use the content of the old site copied to the new site, but you want different products in the old site versus the new site?

good evening I finally find the problem, he was so stupid and simple that I had not seen .....

in global inc it was housed a "! 5" next to my password, and it blocked everything ....

thank you for your help by reading the forum, I saw that everyone said that it was only necessary to fill the information in global inc and nowhere else, so I have looked and compared with attention ....

thank you

Archived