Store Sale - Number in Stock NOT change on Sale

Dirty Butter

We sold an item today I knew we only have one of. I always check the image and desciption in the store to be sure I get the right one out of stock. Lo and behold it was shown in the store as still available. This has never happened to me before.

As soon as I cleared Cache in Admin, the storefont data was correct.

Any idea how that happened?

You surprised this happened.

Therefore, I would think there is some unique property about the product, or a unique property about the customer, or the transaction had some unique event to it.

This 'uniqueness' caused CubeCart to do something odd.

Using an external database utility, such as phpMyAdmin, examine the table CubeCart_order_inventory looking for the subject item. Is there anything in the column 'options_identifier'?

In CubeCart's admin, view the Order details, History and Transaction Logs tabs. Anything out of the ordinary?

To be clear, you have "Show Stock Level" as enabled and you observed that the View Product page showed this item was in stock. In admin, Products, did you notice if the Product Details showed a stock level as well?

If the storefront indicated in-stock, but admin showed out-of-stock, then we can look for a SQL query for the storefront that erroneously used a cached query/result.

Nothing in the options_identifier. I don't use Options - never have.

Order Details, Transaction log, and History all look normal

Store product details show in stock

Admin list of all products showed it in stock and in stock when I opened that product listing

EVERYTHING looked as it should in database, transaction, history, options_matrix. When I manually updated Cache from Admin - all behaved itself and corrected error.

I've never seen anything like this in all my years of using CC.

Archived