Installing Logo

JoeVet1943

I have just downloaded Cube Cart and I am a novice at trying to install and setup anything on a computer.

I suppose I will be pestering you guys until I can get familiar with this lingo.

My first question is how to remove the store logo on the cart and install my logo.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome JoeVet1943! Glad to see you made it to the forum.

In admin, Store Settings, Logos tab, you will upload one or more images. They will appear as a list, and for each item, you select where you want them to appear.

Create your logo and use this page to upload it. If it is too big, we can tell the HTML to reduce its size, and otherwise have the other parts of the page work with it.

Having uploaded the logo using the Store Settings, Logos tab, it should now appear on that page in the Store Logos table. In the Scope column, select All Skins and All Styles. Check the box in the Status column. Save.

There should now be a lit button at the upper-right that says "Clear Cache". Click this button.

Now, test the storefront for the showing of your logo. Because you have told CubeCart to use this logo as the store's logo, it will be used in place of the "stock" store logo.

This worked good. The biggest problem with this cart is there are no instructions. If you can point me to a written list of instructions of how to operate this cart I sure would appreciate it.

In the meantime I have three more questions.

At the top of the cart beside of the logo and under the search box there is an open blank space. How can one add some advertising information in this section?

I have been playing around with adding categories and sub-categories under the parent. I think I have it figured out but I cannot fine how to remove (delete) categories and their subs.

The third question, on the main page there  are sliding messages. It says under the photos that under file manager>documents that these messages can be edited using the Rich Text Editor and the photos changed. Where is the Rich Text Editor and these three images? I cannot find them under the document section.

Again, thanks for your assistance.

That is a problem - no organized documentation. However, after having installed CubeCart, and for the first time after logging in as admin, you were supposed to have been offered a "tour". I have not taken this tour, so I do not know how extensive it is. Also, at the upper-right corner of the admin page, there is a life-buoy icon for Help. Clicking this will get you a popup discussing that page - from a complete rundown, to some information obviously not recently updated, to sometimes nothing.

CubeCart uses the Foundation 5 responsive HTML (from Zurb) for its "Foundation" skin. Thus, learning how to modify the Foundation skin (intentionally very plain) should be on your list of objectives. (There are other skins in the Marketplace.) So, to add a "row of columns" to an area, using an external programmer's text editor, make the edit and save. Then have CubeCart clear its internal cache to see the effect on the storefront. (During development, we suggest turning off caching.)

In admin, the "action" icons are a bit small. It doesn't look like it much, but the red icon at the far right is the "Delete" trash bin.

The rich-text editor is the CKEditor. The "slider" you see on the Homepage is in the Homepage document. The Homepage document may have the title "Welcome to CubeCart 6". Whatever it's title, it will have the Homepage radio button checked. Click the action icon that looks (vaguely) like a pad of paper with a pencil over it. This is the Edit icon.

When editing a document, the Content tab (also, the product's Description tab and category's Description tab, as well as a few other places for content) will have the editor. On the editor, click the Source button to more easily see the HTML for the javascript-powered slider.

• 3 weeks later...

In admin, if you see an orange-ish colored button (that is, 'lighted') at the upper-right labeled "Clear Cache", then click it when finished with this admin session, or when you need to immediately see what changes were made to the storefront. (This button will be grey or 'unlit' if no need to clear cache.)

Archived