Payment Gateway Timeout?

daveherr

I'm getting a Gateway Timeout message in the browser window right at the end of credit card transactions using the Stripe extension in CC 6.2.2.

The process appears to be working in the background, as while the sluggish transaction is occurring, the confirmation emails all come through one by one. 

Is there a setting to increase the processing period within CC or the Stripe extension? With my ISP, they increased the application timeout to 300 seconds, but I'm still getting the incomplete/error message.

Ok, so maybe the chugging isn't isolated to Stripe. It seems PayPal will process the transaction a little cleaner or quicker? At least the customer gets to their last page alright. However, the confirmation emails aren't sent. of course, until the next step via the CC admin screens. 

But on the Orders page in CC admin, when I tried changing the status of that person's order from Pending to Processing, I get a timeout before the Orders screen is reloaded to show the update.

A successful payment via PayPal or Stripe should automatically change the status of the order from Pending to Processing for you and trigger the sending of various emails so the fact this isnt happening, shows there are problems there.  Errors or useful information both for the payment issues and the order status change timeout should be recorded in the local PHP error_log file and you should also check the CubeCart Error log table

Ian

Archived