Nota skin

Ggib

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to shift the ‘Best Sellers’ or ‘Featured Product’ box over to the left hand side rather than them both being on the right? 

Also, how do I find out the dimensions that my images should be so that they fill the image squares completely under the latest products so that no white shows at the bottom of the square? 

Thanks

In Nota, if you move {$RANDOM_PROD} out of the sidebar_right block (in the main.php template) and into the sidebar_left block, there will be a number of width changes in the common.css file: #sidebar_left (line 250), #page_content (261), #wrapper_left (246), and #page_wrapper (39).

In the Nota folder is the config.xml file that states at what sizes the images will be created.

In rendering these new images at the stated sizes, the image manipulator code will not create an image larger than the source. Therefore, make sure that the source image is larger (but not excessively so) that the largest stated size (600 pixels in this case).

The image manipulator code will also size the image on its longest side. So, an image in a standard 4:3 ratio placed in a square box will have white space at the bottom. Therefore, make sure the source image is at a 1:1 ratio.

Do you know what the new values for the changes in the common.css file will become? How do I make these changes?

I can make changes in the main.php file using text wrangler but only seem to have the option to open the common.css file in Safari.

Thanks again for your help

Using a programmer's text editor (your hosting account's control panel should have one), make these changes:

In common.css:

Near line 39, #page_wrapper:
Change the width to 1115px;

Near line 213, #navigation:
Change the width to 240px;

Near line 246, #wrapper_left:
Change the width to 845px;

Near line 250, #sidebar_left:
Change the width to 263px;

Then, in template main.php:

Find:

{$RANDOM_PROD}
		{if isset($POPULAR_PRODUCTS)}{$POPULAR_PRODUCTS}{/if}
		{$SALE_ITEMS}

Move one or more of these lines to:

Find:

{$CATEGORIES}

On a new blank line, ADD the line(s) from above AFTER this.

You will need to have CubeCart clear its internal cache, and also probably force your browser to reload page resources (to fetch the new version of the CSS file).

Thank you so much. It worked and looks exactly how I wanted it to look!

I now have another question and that is how do you get rid of the image box if for instance I do not want either my category or probably more likely my sub category to have an image associated with it? 

Argh! 

I have just logged on to my site on an iPad rather than on my Mac and have noticed that the things I have moved over to the left hand side which all looked great and fitted perfectly on the Mac are now overlapping the central information rather than sitting nicely to the left.

What needs to be done to make the site appear the same on either mobile or desktop devices?

Thanks

The Nota skin (and all other skins originally developed for CubeCart 5) are fixed width. The page will be 1000px (or, in your case, 1115px) wide regardless of the viewport width. Meaning, there will be a horizontal scroll bar. That is to say, viewing Nota is not responsive. The layout does not change when viewing on a mobile device.

However, some browsers have a Zoom setting that will scale (increase and decrease) the displayed page. This is a browser setting and is personal to you. The Zoom setting may or may not also affect the scaling of images. So, if on your mobile device, you have it set to scale down the size of the displayed page, it could be the scaling of some or all of the images may not comply.

What you describe could also be the case that the browser on the mobile device is still using its internally cached copy of the common.css file before you edited it. Force your browser to reload page resources.

Also, CubeCart 5/6 will inspect the User Agent string of the browser. If the UA indicates this is a browser on a mobile device, then:
* if so enabled in admin
* if a Mobile skin is installed
CubeCart will use that Mobile skin instead of the Nota skin.

Your description suggests that the Mobile skin scenario is not in effect.

OK so rather than change the left hand side bar dimensions, can I change the boxes that the mailing list or featured products (and their contents obviously) appear in to be slimmer so that they fit into the original left hand side bar values? I only switched to nota because I didn’t like the layout in foundation but I am now beginning to think maybe this was a bad idea!

I also now have an error message coming up within store settings under the features tab telling me that my current skin is not compatible with invisible reCAPTCHA. If I change to reCAPTCHA 2 will I need to obtain a new set of reCAPTCHA codes?

How do I enable the mobile skin scenario? I cannot seem to find anything relating to that

No I don’t think so. 

I have cleared the cache and also forced a reload on my browser but it is still showing as overlapping.

Unfortunately, the screenshot I took of what is happening is too large for me to attach.

So, as a logged-in admin, you are able to see the closed store.

This may mean that there could be links to resources (images, javascript, css files) that are hard-coded to use http when the site itself is requested using https.

If so, then your desktop browser should also raise the same warning.

When you get this message, your browser could/should specify in some manner what part(s) are not secure.

This could be an analysis of the security certificate, or (if the browser allows a page request to get this far) line items loaded with the non-secure http protocol in the Developer's Tools of the browser, the Network tab.

The message that comes up says 

“This connection is not private

This website may be impersonating “finchpot.co.uk” to steal your personal or financial information. You should go back to the previous page.”

To me, this is saying that, even though there is a security certificate being presented by this domain, the browser cannot verify it is real. Which is to say, the certificate comes from an authority, or any authority in the "chain", that is not known to the browser.

In my browser, the certificate says it is coming from "Let's Encrypt". But there may be more needed. (An internet search of letsencrypt not trusted) See:
https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/some-browser-say-certificate-is-not-trusted/28766

Did you get your certificate from Let's Encrypt personally? Or is your hosting provider installing one as a courtesy to all of its subscribers?

Please inform your hosting provider to examine your account for proper naming of the certificate, and the installation of any intermediate "chain" certificates.

Archived