PayPal API - Overwhelming

GregMcMahan

Hello to all CubeCart users of quality and others...

I am overwhelmed trying to set up PayPal for my store (www.MisterGreggy.com/shopping). My main confusion is which PayPal API to use. These are the options available:

• REST
  • Braintree SDK
  • NVP/SOAP

I'm using the extension PayPal Pro & Express Checkout payments 1.2.2 Plugin - CubeCart Limited

I've attached the admin panel screenshot and the options.

Anybody know what's going on here?

Thanks!!

UPDATE: As per the instructions on the config settings page, I chose REST since it was the only one displaying an option to "Create App". It gave me 3 fields:

• PayPal Account
  • Client ID
  • Secret

The config screen wants this data:

• Client ID
  • Username
  • Password
  • Signature

I have the client ID now, where do I get the info for the other fields?

This is frustrating!

UPDATE UPDATED: I got a reply from PayPal, hopefully this should work

To get your API Username, Password and Signature, follow these steps:
    •    Log  into your PayPal account at www.paypal.com
    •    navigate to www.paypal.com/api  
    •    Under the NVP/SOAP API Integration heading toward the bottom, click "Manage API credentials".
    •    If you don't already have an API signature, you will need to click on "Request API Signature" then "Agree and Submit". 
    •    Click on "Show" next to each of the fields to display the credentials.

PayPalSettings-CubeCart.png

It is. Since first release it gone through numerous changes to cater for new products like in-context checkout and recently smart button. Originally it was pretty much just three API fields but we've had to build in new products around it.

We are waiting on new integration documents from PayPal to build a whole new integration. Setup should be as easy as logging into PayPal and confirming T&C's.

PayPal Express has the ability to overwrite the delivery address which has caught us out in the past, this also upsets customers when his goods go somewhere he didn't want them to.

EG, customer uses his personal paypal account to order goods for work.

Paypal will overwrite his delivery address with his personal address.

Ther guy is now at work awaiting delivery of his goods, but they went to the wrong place.

We fell foul of this numerous times.

Archived