customizing cart verbage

Lamrith

As a continuing effort to help stop confusion by customers and undesired orders, I am hoping to tweak the lower section of my shopping cart a bit, but I have been unable to find where to make my edits.  Goal is to make it look like the larger picture attached.  I am using E-tone Skin and Cubecart 6.2.2

I am a physical location only business.  Due to weight of product I do not ship anything.  I had the option for a few years and never sold anything due to the cost.  Right now I would like to transition and use the shipping feature (All-in-one shipping) to let my customers choose which of my 2 locations they want to pickup at.  As part of that I would like the change the header above the shipping selection to show pickup only (similar to edited picture with LOCAL ONLY replacing the strike-out text).  However I have been unable to find the text in the php files?  Can someone point me where I need to go?

Right now the button layout is like the "currentcart" image below.  The empty cart, update and Secure checkout are all ontop of each other.  I would like to separate them a bit and add text above the secure checkout button like the edited picture.

cart.jpg

currentcart.JPG

In admin, Languages, click the Edit icon of the language(s) you use in your store. From the drop-down selector, choose Basket. From the list that appears a few seconds later, change 'shipping_select' to what you desire.

I am going to experiment with the Store Collection module. I will experiment by using two of these modules and renaming them to Summit and Milton.

In the e-Tone template content.checkout.php, near line 120, find:

<p class="basket_actions">
			<a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&empty-basket=true" class="button_submit left"><span class="icon icon-cross"></span> {$LANG.basket.basket_empty}</a>
			<button type="submit" name="update" class="button_submit update"><span class="icon icon-cycle"></span> {$LANG.basket.basket_update}</button>
			{if $DISABLE_CHECKOUT_BUTTON!==true}
			<input type="submit" name="proceed" class="button_submit" value="{$CHECKOUT_BUTTON}" />
			{/if}
		</p>

Change to:

<a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&empty-basket=true" class="button_submit left"><span class="icon icon-cross"></span> {$LANG.basket.basket_empty}</a>
		</p>
			<button type="submit" name="update" class="button_submit update"><span class="icon icon-cycle"></span> {$LANG.basket.basket_update}</button>
		</p>
			{if $DISABLE_CHECKOUT_BUTTON!==true}
			By clicking Secure Checkout, you are creating an order...etc.<br>
			<input type="submit" name="proceed" class="button_submit" value="{$CHECKOUT_BUTTON}" />
		</p>
			{/if}

Ok, I have two instances of Store Collection installed (renamed) and both show as shipping choices on checkout.

You may wish to add some more text on checkout explaining what you mean by Summit and Milton.

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

Ok, I have two instances of Store Collection installed (renamed) and both show as shipping choices on checkout.

You may wish to add some more text on checkout explaining what you mean by Summit and Milton.

So far so good, I made the changes above in your 1st response and they worked great.
What do I need to do to make 2 instances of the Store collection module?  I have always installed add-ons using the Token method.  Do I just copy one file and edit, or do I need to install store collection 2x?

Get the module and unzip it locally on your computer.

Rename the Store_Collection folder to SummitStoreCollection. Unzip the module again, and rename that Store_Collection folder to MiltonStoreCollection.

In each new folder, you will be editing the following files:
config.xml
/skin/admin/index.tpl
/language/module.definitions.xml
shipping.class.php

In config.xml, change the <uid> node to SummitStoreCollection. Change the <name> node to SummitStoreCollection. Change the <description> node to Summit Store Collection Module.

In index.tpl, change line 15 to:
<div id="SummitStoreCollection" class="tab_content">
Change line 17 to:
<p>{$LANG.summitstorecollection.module_description}</p>

In module.definitions.xml, change line 14 to:
<group name="summitstorecollection">
Change line 16 to:
<string name="module_title"><![CDATA[Summit Store Collection]]></string>

In shipping.class.php, change line 13 to:
class SummitStoreCollection {

Do the other folder using Milton instead of Summit.

FTP both folders to the CubeCart folder /modules/shipping/.

In admin, clear the cache (just to be sure). Go to Manage Extensions.

Edit the SummitStoreCollection module. Enable the Status. For the Name field, try something like:
Summit: By Appt, M-F:3:30-7pm, S:Noon-7pm

Save and edit the Milton module.

Clear the Cache.

View the shipping choices on the checkout page. (You may wish to disable the AIOS module.)

Huge thanks Again BSmither!  Took some tinkering (total newby in regards to this sort of editing) to get it to look how I wanted but It got it!  This should cut down on confusion by my customers, and the unwanted"pending" orders that have been getting created.

cartdone.png

Archived