Upgrade - Delete backup db?

CoderJim

Thank you. For now I will leave the backup in place, I made some assumptions that perhaps you might be able to confirm or inform.

1) The update uses the original DB, the backup is just that, a backup in case things go pear shaped and could be deleted via my cPanel?

2) The update creates a file named admin_####/skins/default/templates/all php files, may I assume this is also a backup and in fact is not used since I need to go back in and clean up the design I need to work on live files? I could also use to delete this for space.

Thanks

Jim

Foundation CC 6.2.4

The backup file is (optionally compressed) a textual file containing all the SQL statements needed to rebuild and repopulate a fresh database. The fresh database can be a new/different database account/server, or the same database after the Restore process first TRUNCATEs all the tables. This is to say, the backup is not a copy of the actual binary files managed by the database server.

The folder /admin_####/skins/default/templates/ is not the backup folder - it is the administration skin, but it and its contents are included in the backup. All backups should be located in Cubecart's /backup/ folder.

Archived