POF sending 2 emails

keat

I have 'order status for email' configured for processing.

And BSmither once told me how to have POF change the status of the order to processing.

I've just discovered, when a customer places an order and uses POF, the system sends 2 emails to the customer in quick succession.

Any ideas ?

Is maybe POF sending one, then the store sending another when the order goes to processing ??

No chance, the site has been modified too much to risk updating it.

Although I have considered letting Al and the team have a look at updating it.

Anyhow, it seems that there is a checkbox inside POF config, to send a confirmation email, which I disabled for now.

Put a test order on and only got one email, so I may have found the reason.

1 minute ago, keat said:

No chance, the site has been modified too much to risk updating it.

That slippery slope of making changes to core bites again !

1 minute ago, keat said:

Anyhow, it seems that there is a checkbox inside POF config, to send a confirmation email, which I disabled for now.

Put a test order on and only got one email, so I may have found the reason.

Yes, that will stop the second email from being sent but still leaves you with problems which the commits to that issue solve

By default, POF sets the order to pending, but to satisfy the process at our end, Brian gave me the coding to have this go straight to Processing (instead of pending)

I saw the GITHUB post you suggested, and it looks like this is the same scenario for me, but instead of this happening days later, it was happening instantaniously.

I'm happy for the store to send the email, so switching the feature off inside the POF admin panel, seems to have done the trick.

Archived