Free Shipping

Nelly111s

Hi, I have a Cubecart V6.2.x site running very happily, but I now want to offer a single product where the price includes shipping (i.e. free shipping to the customer). All my other products use weight-based shipping with the normal "By weight" shipping module. If the customer orders just this item, then the shipping cost should be zero. If they order other products, then those should attract the shipping costs that they currently do. I've looked around the forum and can't find anything that answers my question. Does one of the other modules (tried the All-in-One, couldn't see it working) have this facility?

Thanks

Neil

26 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Can we try setting the weight of that one item to zero?

Just to be clear, there will be no shipping charges for this item regardless of whether there are other items in the order?

I've tried the zero weight option, but I must be doing something wrong. The string from the shipping module is

0:0.0,0.2:0.10,0.75:3.50, but it keeps coming up with £3.50 as if it weighed >0.75Kg.

Have I got the syntax wrong?

27 minutes ago, havenswift-hosting said:

You could set the weight of that item to zero and then have a specific weight band of zero weight at zero cost.  That way if an order only includes that item, no shipping but if that item is part of a bigger order, the zero product weight will not increase the shipping coosts

Ian

I've tried the zero weight option, but I must be doing something wrong. The string from the shipping module is

0:0.0,0.2:0.10,0.75:3.50, but it keeps coming up with £3.50 as if it weighed >0.75Kg.

Have I got the syntax wrong?

It does seem to work. If I order two or three, the postage is still zero.  If I add a single item that needs a shipping cost, only that cost is shown. I’m not sure why it wouldn’t rhough. The weight of the item is always zero and the packaging weight is a one off in the shipping module, no matter how many items are shipped. 

• 1 year later...

Just to let you know what I did to get around this.

Using version CC629 with A.I.O.S, I set the weight of the free shipping item to 0.1kg in AIOS where all my other goods are greater than 1kg.

Then using the free shipping app I applied the following:

Name : free shipping.

Minimum subtotal: zero

Maximum Order Weight 1.0 kg

Hope that helps.

Archived