All IP Addresses in Statistics Tab are Now Only My Website's!

traylor23

Received response from Hostgator,so you were right...it was problem with Apache upgrade.Anyway,I am glad it forced me to migrate,site is working much much better now on new host,no problems,no errors and much faster.So I recommend doing the same,if you use cpanel,migration is fairly easy and fast.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Hostgator Support. 

At this moment I have reviewed the screenshot provided and will like to inform you that this is a known issue, where the IP connecting to the site is not reflecting but rather the IP for the cpanel. This issue started happening after we updated from Easy Apache 3 to Easy Apache 4, we apologize for the inconvenience and will like to inform you that we have a group of Sr. Administrators working on resolving this issue.

At this moment there's fixes being tested yet not definitely time frame as to when the issue will be resolved, please allow us the time to correct the issue.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know via this case escalation or contact us via chat or phone support.

Best Regards,

Josue Z.
HostGator.com LLC

Hi David

Sorry but that is rubbish that Hostgator are saying !  Switching from EasyApache 3 to 4 (which they had to do, as it isnt been supported, and probably should have done a long time ago) by itself cannot affect this - the most likely answer is one I have already mentioned which is the implementation of some sort of front end caching that isnt passing through the IP address correctly.

As you have left them already, makes little difference but still....

Ian

Hi Ian,you are right,it was my fault to stay with them so long.Since it was purchased by EIG things were getting worse and worse.I liked Hostgator when I started with them before it was bought by new owner.I regret I did not migrate earlier as it took just couple of hours.Hostgator has overloaded servers and just go I think for quantity of users.I must say,that I was a bit afraid of migration,but Inteserver techhelp made nice fast transfer and helped me to set things on,correct some mail settings,dns,ssl,etc.My site now loads for many locations in about 2 seconds,so I am satisfied.So just hopefuly it will be all right now.David

• 7 months later...

Any way to address this with the 6.2.8 version of the functions.inc.php file? The above fix worked for me until I upgraded. I know this is a work around, but I'm not in a position to change hosts yet, and they are unwilling to correct the way the IPs pass through.

• 7 months later...

Archived