New order from Cubecart, but no Paypal payment

cutecube

Everything's been going fine for several years. Then yesterday, I get notified of a sale from Cubecart. I normally receive an email from Paypal of that payment within a few minutes of the notification of a sale. It's been many hours and still no Paypal activity for that sale.  Looking at the sale in Cubecart admin section, everything looks fine, showing the gateway as Paypal. 

Has anyone run into this or has anyone have any idea of what might have happened? I was under the impression that Cubecart goes to Paypal, confirms the payment before returning to Cubecart and completing the order and sending the order email to me.

Hello, this happens to me as well, but when the customer once arrived on the PayPal page just go to the page and does not make the payment. I think some customer do not understand that to see the price with the shipping costs he can see it before the payment process.

Thanks for the reply. So, should I just treat this as an abandoned order or would you recommend I contact them via email and ask if there was a problem with the payment?

Also, how does Cubecart send an email  telling me that I have a new order, without the customer paying? If Cubecart sends the customer to Paypal and they don't accept the payment, why would Cubecart assume that an order has been placed?

I send them an email because you never know. and if I have no answer I cancel the order and I delete the customer. and if I have an answer I just cancel the command. on the other hand I set my store so that it automatically erases the order not completed after one week.

In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, Misc section, there is "Order status for admin email notifications". This can be set for any of the six standard order statuses, but only Pending and Processing actually do anything (unless a plugin enhances this process).

So, when an order goes to Pending (the customer moves from viewing the basket contents to the first step in the checkout process), this setting will notify of an order.

Or, when the order goes to Processing (the customer made a successful transaction), this setting will notify the admin to prepare the order for shipping.

Your reply was VERY helpful, bsmither. Thanks

I had mine set to Pending. I've had thousands of orders over the years and this never happened. I guess I was lucky. I'm not sure I want to switch it to 'Processing' because then I'll miss out on a second chance to communicate with a potential customer if they don't complete the order. You never know what might have happened while they were ordering.

2 hours ago, cutecube said:

I've had thousands of orders over the years and this never happened. I guess I was lucky. 

Thousands of orders over many years and not once had an abandoned cart with an order left at Pending status - WOW, that is unheard of !

You might want to take a look at @Noodleman plugin https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/abandoned-carts-capture-missed-opportunities which I personally think is a must have plugin for all stores

Ian

On 3/25/2019 at 10:29 AM, havenswift-hosting said:

Thousands of orders over many years and not once had an abandoned cart with an order left at Pending status - WOW, that is unheard of !

You might want to take a look at @Noodleman plugin https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/abandoned-carts-capture-missed-opportunities which I personally think is a must have plugin for all stores

Ian

Hello, I install this plugin that looks very good. but I wanted to modify the example of mail and it did not work well and I would like to hand over the original. I sent a message to Noodleman and no answer. could someone send me the source code of the mail sample?

Archived