MySql Upgrade ...

Hi,

my server keeps telling me to upgrade mySQL .

However there seems to be a particular constraint which has me slightly puzzled ..

MySQL enables "strict mode" by default as of version 5.7. Strict mode controls how MySQL handles invalid or missing values in data-change statements such as INSERT or UPDATE. Applications not built with strict mode enabled may cause undesired behavior; please verify applications using MySQL are compatible before upgrading.

Will this effect me (I guess), and do you know which sqlMode should be chosen. I am a bit concerned about the effects of playing with the sqlMode on a running database, will my databases be corrupted?

Many Thanks ..

Chris.

When CubeCart starts up to create a page, the database class is instantiated. When this happens, CubeCart sends a command to the database server to switch out of strict mode. See /classes/db/mysqli.class.php, the private function _setup().

CubeCart is not coded to be strict-compliant.

A database server being in strict mode was a problem for CC3/4 and some early versions of CC5, until the function _setup() became part of the database class.

• 3 weeks later...

Having just gone through updating from 5.6 to 5.7, I asked the same question and had the same concerns.
My update only took about 10 minutes at the most.

As for strict mode, i disabled it anyway , I was also concerned about the implications of the update failing and being stuck between versions.

The following might help.

disable strict mode

Backup all MySQL Databases?

Archived