Square Payments

• 2 weeks later...

During checkout under section - "Choose Payment Method" it is labeled just "Square". I can't see how it is possible to change the description of this to either enter text such as "Credit Card" or enter a file path to an image like we are able to do in the card capture module.

54 minutes ago, Al Brookbanks said:

It was missing the description field. I just added it in version 1.1.1. You might want to add a description like "Credit/Debit Card, ApplePay or Masterpass" depending which ones you have enabled.

Thanks Al. It's working great now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Super. I mainly use SumUp, but you don't have a checkout for them yet.

So I've registered with Square, and activated my account with them. I'm setting up the cubecart side, Location ID, etc, is required. this information seems illusive within Square and cubecart is not one of the services offered when you click to connect a webstore within Square. Googling and going through my Square account hasn't found the info I need to set it up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi. I have just installed this on my site tonight, but when ever i try to activate it or save any changes in the set up i keep getting a CSRF warning and nothing saves. Any one able to advise?

Thanks

Wil

Edited by WSD

Please make this edit:

In the module's file /skin/admin/index.tpl, near line 57, find:

{$MODULE_ZONES}
	<div class="form_control">
		<input type="submit" name="save" value="{$LANG.common.save}" />
	</div>
</form>

Change to:

{$MODULE_ZONES}
	<div class="form_control">
		<input type="submit" name="save" value="{$LANG.common.save}" />
	</div>
	<input type="hidden" name="token" value="{$SESSION_TOKEN}" />
</form>

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking at adding cubecart for the purpose of selling digital products aka pdf and mp3 files that could be downloadable by customers only after payment. I already have a square account all set up and functional for in store purposes. The problem is square doesn't offer immediate download of digital products upon purchase. You can only have them send you an email and then you would email the customer with a link. I don't want to have to sit by the phone waiting or making customers wait - I want them to be able to download immediately. And I want all this in a free store option. So, will cubecart and square work together to make this happen or would have to pay one or the other fees to make it happen or is it just not doable with these two together. Thanks.

Potential newbie here

CubeCart will wait for the payment processor (Square or whatever) to notify CubeCart that a transaction took place. This notification is called an "Instant Payment Notification" (IPN).

When CubeCart gets the IPN, information in that notification is combined with information about the sale from CubeCart's point of view, and then a query is made back to the payment processor.

If all the information checks out, and the response to that query is a 'SUCCESS', then CubeCart moves the order from a Pending state to a Processing State. It is at the Processing state that any digital items will have web addresses created (download links) and placed in the customer's account settings pages, as well as an email sent with those links listed.

If there were no tangible items needing shipment, that is a 'digital-only' order, then CubeCart moves the order to a Completed state. (Processing to Completed has semantic meaning only to the store manager.)

If items need to be shipped, then after making the shipping event, the store manager will enter shipping details (tracking numbers for example) and manually move the order to a Completed state which fires off another email advising the customer that the order has just shipped.

So, if the payment processor tells CubeCart that the transaction is a success, then the download links are automatically created and provided within seconds.

Edited by bsmither

• 2 months later...

How's everyone doing. I just wanted to note this bug on the Square Extension App after latest square API update i assume.

I've been up all night trouble shooting this "Expected an integer value" error on the Square Payment Gateway with no luck on a fix. But I did managed to troubleshoot it down to this issue.

If you add exactly 5 items to the cart on checkout, checkout fails with the error "Expected an integer value". What is funny and a little crazy if you ask me, is that it would only fail with said error with 5 items in cart only.

Any other amount of items that you add besides other than 5, checkout won't fail and order will successfully process with no error., in other words, if you add 1,2,4,6,9,10,15 and etc.  No error. I'm running the latest Square build 1.4 extension, and also running the latest API Version on the square developer dashboard 2020-01-22.

Would love to know why the above mentioned error will only happen with 5 items in cart, and not with any other amount. If anyone happens to find a fix, i would love to know. this is also a heads up to this bug on the Square Extension that needs to be addressed.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to set up Square on my Cubecart.

I get to the screen where I can put in the credit card information. However, every time I hit the Pay button, it responds with the message "This request could not be authorized."

This happened with multiple credit cards. I double-checked the information on them and tried them multiple times.

I have authorized the US as a zone.

I created an API application with Square. I have my Live Location ID. I have my Live Application ID. I have my Live Access Token.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with this payment gateway again.

It will not process any payments if i have new recaptcha(recommended) turned on. The site is just telling customers that their order is pending and nothing else happens. However if i turn recaptcha off everything goes through immediately, and changes the order status to processing. For obvious reasons i would like to leave recaptcha running to stop all bogus constant form enquiries. Is there anyway to turn recaptcha off for this module or a fix that means i can get it to work?

Lost a big sale due to this today, customer went else where.

As always all advice and help appreciated.

Wil

• 3 months later...
On 8/1/2020 at 8:06 AM, captinmax said:

Since the updata on 29th June 2020 my Square gateway has been missing taking the "pence" IE they took £5.00 instead of £5.20 on every order since the 1st July. Has anyone else noticed this?

Same here. Any order placed is not including the cents. E.g. $521.45 amount charged $521.00. $327.21 amount charged $327.00. This is a bug that needs a fix to the module. If it’s not a bug please advise on what is the issue. Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, DaveB said:

Same here. Any order placed is not including the cents. E.g. $521.45 amount charged $521.00. $327.21 amount charged $327.00. This is a bug that needs a fix to the module. If it’s not a bug please advise on what is the issue. Thanks. 

Apparently there was an update to the Square plugin at the end of June to version 1.1.5 so I re-installed version 1.1.4 and that fixed the issue. Then when Cubecart said there was an update to 1.1.5 I told it to ignore the update.

On 4/18/2020 at 5:47 PM, Dougie said:

Does anyone know how to remove the POSTAL box on square payment using cubecart, thanks. I only want to be able to take CC payments in UK and I think POSTAL is for USA?

Thanks

Postal is for Postcode, the US uses Zipcode which is different, but the box has to be there as I think it has something to do with card verification.

But you can change the word to Postcode quite easily.

I sorted this myself. If you FTP into the webspace you have Cubecart install on then browse into the "modules" folder and then into the "gateway" and into the "square" folder and then into the "skin" folder there is a file called "form.php".

Download this file and load it into a text editor like notepad or notepad++ search for the word "Postal" and change it to "Postcode".

Save the file and upload it over the original file. DO NOT change any other words or line in the file as this will break the gateway.

Edited by captinmax

3 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Do NOT use Windows' Notepad. It will add what is known as the Byte Order Mark (BOM) which will cause a problem.

You may have a programmer's text editor available as a tool in your hosting control panel (Cpanel, for example).

Yeah I forgot windows notepad messes things up. Notepad++ on the other hand is a programmers notepad and it's what I used.