Sign in to follow this  
JhonMicky

Backup issues.....

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,,

I'm doing some backups before running an upgrade as I am on version 6.1.8. I use the CubeCart admin menu to navigate to Advanced:Maintenance and then click the backup tab. 

The tab shows two backup buttons. When I click either of them, a red bar appears on the top of the screen. It says "Error: Backup failed".

I navigate to the logs mobdro.bio/ luckypatcher.tips/ www.kodi.bio/ section in Advanced:Error Log to see what's happening, but both the Admin and the System logs are empty. 

I'm a bit stuck with finding the issue behind this. I did check that my cubecart user has access to the backup directory in my store directory structure. but what else could it be?

Edited by JhonMicky

You may be better off taking an upgrade via your hosting account if it has a backup wizard. The backup and upgrade tool has been improved in more recent versions of CubeCart. 

We provide managed services if you would like us to take this on for you. More info here:  https://www.cubecart.com/technical-support

It is possible it is problems due to lack of server resources allocated by your hosting company - cheap hosting severely restricts certain resources that can stop longer running processes

Ian