product options with quantity pricing

peterp

Hi All,

I have a client that is about to start using latest cubecart v6, however what they require is that certain products have different options (such as different lengths) and these options all have a different price this can be achieved by the add or subtract functionality in the options setup, however they also want the options have the ability to have quantity pricing. So the customer might for example purchase a product that has an option of size which they also want to purchase a large quantity so they want a discount either a percentage or a special quantity price.

The long winded way of doing this is to have every option as a separate product and then just use the quantity pricing that is standard, this would lead to confusion on the customers point of view.

I have looked through the forums but I don't seem to be able find anything that will do the job,or am I asking for the impossible.

Hopefully this has been done before and somebody can point me in the right direction to be able to set this up.

Best Regards,

Peterp

This module was created to solve these kind of issues.
https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/product-addons-easily-purchase-related-products

Essentially, each item would be managed as a single product,. and associated via addons. 

A more simple solution is to use a price tier
https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/discount-price-tiers-plugin

This may, or may not be suitable depending on the inventory.

Hi all,

I have tried both of these suggestions unfortunately neither will achieve what I'm looking for. The product that we have will always have an option of size, for example an xyz123 windscreen wiper blade, the size could be either 22in 25in or 30in customer has to select one size the product then could have different prices for quantity purchases for the configuration selected which should automatically be applied without any customer intervention. These are not product addons and discounts are not customer specific.

Thankyou so much for your suggestions I will have to keep looking for a suitable solution.

Best Regards,

Peterp

As I read the existing code, quantity pricing is applied to the base product, "XYZ123 Wiper Blade", regardless of the quantity purchased amongst all options. That is, twenty 22", forty 25", and forty 30" gets a quantity price of 100 count of the base product, with additional 20X the 22" price differential, plus 40X the 25" price differential, plus 40X the 30" price differential.

(To minimize the disparities, one sets the middle of the options as the base product with zero price differential. The other two are a bit less and a bit more. But this does not scale well at all.)

I am seeing a bulk price schedule for every line item in the Options Matrix table.

Any ideas on how your customer would approach this using paper and pen?

Hi Brian,

Thankyou for your response. If the customer was to do this on paper the order would be from the customer something like this if the qty pricing was to be able to be setup for option 22" equals buy qty of 10 get $10.00 off retail price as determined in the pricing matrix, however if they only bought 2 then the retail price for that size would apply no discount. If they bought a qty of 20 for option 22" then they would get a $15.00 of the retail price for the option 22".

if the next order line was for the same base product but for 30" and they by 1 then the retail price for that option from the options matrix would apply however if they bought 10 then the price they would pay would be less $12.00 from the option matrix retail price.

I think the only way this could be setup is if the options matrix had the ability to have a base retail price and also qty pricing for each combination i.e. so the options matrix for the base product would have sizes 20", 22" and 36" each with their own base retail price and then each would have  or have not qty pricing.

The qty pricing could also be a percentage off

Product ordered xyz123

Qty of 10

Size 22" retail price $30.00

the qty pricing

buy 10 get $10.00 off

buy 20 get $15.00 off

Product ordered xyz123

size 30" retail price $36.00

the qty pricing

buy 10 get $12.00 off

buy 20 get $18.00 off

I hope this explains what I'm trying to achieve and  hope my explanation hasn't confused you.

Hope you can help

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi Brian,

The solutions you sent through earlier https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/absolute-matrix-option-prices-price-list-hide-out-of-stock-matrix-options  solve the problem of different retail/base prices by option now all we need is to be able to apply the qty pricing to each option combination

Best Regards,

Peterp

Just a comment: What I do not want to happen is to paint ourselves into a corner. I don't want a solution that would lock us out of expanding on the capabilities.

For example, instead of a fixed price for each option combo (as the plugin above solves), change that to hold a series of prices, such as:
0:30,10:29,20:28.5
(for 0-9 units, the unit price is 30; 10-19 units, the unit price is 29; 20 and up, the unit price is 28.50)

However, I would also want to allow for per option combo schedules to honor Customer Group pricing as well -- as does CubeCart's Quantity Price schedule.

Also, your details in the prior post represents a coupon-like discount - not CubeCart's Quantity Price schedule. The QP chart asks for a new per unit price for having met the quantity target.

So, I am trying to narrow down the description of the problem.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response and yes I agree we do not want to be painted into a corner, however I have included a couple of PDF files that may help explain what I'm talking about.

One is what maybe a revised options qty pricing form could look like based on some selection criteria and the second PDF has a table showing what questions are asked and what decisions would result. We would not have any customer groups as these decisions would not be by customer or customer group, the customer would have nothing to do with it although maybe in the future this could be another decision criteria.

I will have to send the attachments separately

Hope this is helpful,

Best Regards,

Peterp

qtypricing1.zipx

Hi Brian,

It is a mockup of what might be possible, it was created via photoshop and acrobat and then the PDF file was zipped up so to allow the transfer to cubecart.

Is there a problem?

Best Regards,

Peterp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Testing and providing feedback, of course.

Getting the data into the database is somewhat straightforward.

Making sure CubeCart reliably and consistently fetches it all throughout the processing and management of the shopping cart is tricky. CubeCart does not determine the price once and for all, but seems to recalculate it constantly.

Hi Brian,

As I have available time and resources please if we can help in any testing or creating a database and testing from here then we are only to happy help.

Please let me know.

Best regards,

Peterp

Archived