PayPal Options

Claudia M

I am really confused about which PayPal plugin I should be using and how to implement it.  I was using PayPal Website Payments Pro & Express Checkout but my admin said I had 2 extension updates and when I updated it changed it to PayPal Checkout. I used PayPal standard before but have disabled it, though my admin says an update is available.

These images are shown in the marketplace for the PayPal Checkout extension.  How do you implement them?

I've gone to the PayPal developers page but I don't understand any of that.  Plus there is no coding in the Foundation / templates / element.product.call_to_action to put a PayPal button.

When I click on the documentation tab in the marketplace extension it doesn't do anything.

Can someone please explain all this in a way a person not knowledgable in all this can understand?

Oh, and what about PayPal powered by Brain Tree?  Something else to wonder about.

Thanks in advance,

Claudia

1171720792_CapturePPbacktows50.png.954a1c811f73338733960feda6333c1f.png431993351_CapturePPPopup50.png.5969b6c34b51c346ed4ac57b454be609.png

1272466360_Capturebuttononproductpage300.png.7170e20fab34cd85ecf09440343056d6.png

PayPal Checkout is essentially new branding for PayPal Express Checkout.

It's all very confusing but will be building a brand new simpler integration with PayPal as soon as their new integration is ready.

In the mean time we recommend that you use "PayPal Checkout" in "Smart Button" mode.

As a US merchant this is great because it opens the door to Venmo payments and the ability to offer credit.

Thanks Al,

I have PayPal Checkout enabled with  Smart Button. Gateway Live Payment action sale. I got the Client ID from the developer page and tested the endpoint in admin - server was able to connect to PayPal.  But I still don't know if I setup the client ID correctly.  None of my product or checkout pages look any different.

I just started a test order and clicked the PayPal Checkout button on the shopping cart page in my website.  I did get the popup PayPal page.  Can this button be added to the Product Page as shown in the capture above or is that something that is waiting on the new PayPal intergration and would it not work with the steps CubeCart uses for checkout?

I think it is working the way it should. However, with PayPal Pro there was a page on my website where the customer entered their credit card info - seems like they were paying on my site not PayPal.  No mention of PayPal at all. Is that gone now? If not, I had customized the form for this, but I can't find the plugin in cPanel.  Where is this located?

Thanks again,

So long as card payments are enabled the smart button at the end of the native CubeCart checkout should show card icons to click for payment. You don't need to pay a monthly subscription for pro anymore unless you need other features from it like virtual terminal.

Archived