Translated text - Menu - 24h Reset

DCro19

Hello, I have one strange problem with translated text/words in navigation menu. Only, I mean only navigation text menu changes every 24h from my custom created language and resets to original default/English. Every single day I have to go in Settings/Languages and edit my default language - Phase Group/Navigation .. to click "Save" and "Clear Cache". Any advice?1455593257_Primjedba2019-04-26100320.thumb.jpg.19cb91571f509f8939198cd26645e5f6.jpg

ps: ... I do not have to input translated word again every day in "Navigation" drop down menu.... they are all in there - already translated... Like i mentioned.. just have to click "save" and "clear cache", again, again every day...   

Just to clarify...

English is the store's default language (admin, Store Settings, General tab, Default Language).

However, that while using this language, you have changed some of the phrases from a few of the groups?

After making these changes (and clearing the cache), using an external database utility, do you see these new phrases in the database table CubeCart_lang_strings?

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to translate the menu tabs from English to French. I have installed the Free French Language pack, and as the image I have attached shows there is only 1 item on the menu bar that is in French, and the remaining tabs are in English.

Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction in terms of how to translate from English to French?

Many thanks!

Tim

cubecart.png

Welcome TimB! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The top Navigation bar contains three language specific links: Sale Items, Gift Certificates, and Home (Home being visible on mobile devices). The rest are the names of Categories that you have created -- in English.

Now that you have another language installed and enabled, you can now use the Translate function.

In admin, Categories, click the Edit icon for a category. On the editing screen, click the Translate tab. Click "Add Translation".

On the page that is shown, choose the language for this translation and enter new data to be shown for this category when the storefront is showing that language.

Once finished and Saved, be sure to Clear the Cache.

Archived