Website Title - Website Content

Bill_w

Hi,

I have been attempting to get my site a higher rank. 

When the checker picks up a website title which part exactly is it looking at? I have under 70 characters in my title or at least I think I do. Is there some hidden parts to the title that are adding to what is showing on the page because the site checker is returning a lot more around 107.

After several hours I need to find some specific information to be able to get this right does anyone know? Thanks netowrkreview.co.uk

I count 108 characters.

In admin, Store Settings, Search Engines tab, Meta Data Behaviour, you may have Merge as the setting.

With Merge, the Global Meta Data "Browser Title" follows the name of the main content item -- a document title, a product name, or category name.

For the main (Home) page, the Homepage document has a title, then follows a space-dash-space and then the site's Global Title.

It seems to me that both your site's Global Title and Homepage Title are more of being description than being your brand.

Hi thank you for this. I copied the "browser title " and the index page title and it does come to about that amount of digits. 

I did have the meta data set to merge but changed it back, it may have been after I sent the post, I do not remember now.

I have tried lessening both these titles and clearing the cache both with the button on the editing pages and in the settings but when I do the check again it still shows 109 words. It confusing me because I cannot see which part is making the changings. That might be the checker in using not clearing its own cache not sure whats going on.

Ids there a different checker that you know of? Thanks Bill

I have set the option to replace global meta data and its now fixed it I think. Just need to deal with the description and tidy up the words so they all match thank you for your help. Bill

Archived