how to create a link button next to add to basket button

ben11279

Welcome ben11279! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

You can find Add to Basket at three situations: Category View (includes Sale Items and Search Results), Product View, and Latest Products on the Homepage. So, that would be the skin templates content.category.php, content.product.php, and content.homepage.php.

Add class="button" to the <a href> tag and the Foundation CSS will make it look like a Foundation's buttons.

maybe I should keep add to basket button, How can I create direct paypal checkout button as another button next to the add to basket button. I tried and I can create another button with link 

<a class="button" href="https://paypal.co.uk" title="paypal"> Paypal Checkout</a>

but how can I hook up my paypal to the link?

When CubeCart starts the checkout sequence, the enabled gateways and other appropriate plugins are engaged to populate the payment methods.

The PayPal plugin module has code that use various "hooks" when CubeCart is creating the checkout pages.

We would need to create additional code in the module's /hooks/ folder to use available hooks when creating pages that show products.

CubeCart needs to add items to a "shopping cart". It is within this shopping cart that all aspects of getting things sold are held: items, options, calculated prices, coupons, and (with few exceptions) billing/delivery addresses to calculate shipping method/charges and appropriate taxes, and then creating a sales record in the database.

So, we cannot bypass managing the shopping cart.

What we can do is, in admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, Layout Settings group, set "Jump to basket on add" to Yes.

In admin, Languages, click the Edit icon for the language(s) you are using. On the next page, select from the Phrase Group selector, "Catalogue". In the list that appears, change the phrase for the key 'add_to_basket' to whatever you need. Then Save and clear the cache.

Archived