cubecart change directory

Hi dear Support. Would you help me to Copy  cubecart website from one directory to new subdirectory. I tried with Godaddy colne option but it´s not work also, I tried to install a fresh copy of Cubecart then importa the database sql without any good result. Please help me. 

thanks

Ernesto

2 minutes ago, hdvparts said:

Hi dear Support. Would you help me to Copy  cubecart website from one directory to new subdirectory. I tried with Godaddy colne option but it´s not work also, I tried to install a fresh copy of Cubecart then importa the database sql without any good result. Please help me. 

thanks

Ernesto

copy/paste into new directory (or, download via FTP, and upload to new location)

set permissions

update global file with new database details

backup/restore database into new DB

set new store URL in store settings

done.. 

:)

dear Noodleman. Thanks for your fast response.

Would you please gime an example or more details to do:

* set permissions (where or kind of file I need to update)

** set new store URL in store settings (where or kind of file I need to update)

if you have an example it will be helpfully for me.

thanks again.

regards

Ernesto

Hi Ernesto

Noodleman's instructions are very clear but you do need to have a little knowledge before doing changes like this.  Unfortunately godaddy support will probably not be interested in helping you out at all (pay peanuts and get.......)  If you are interested in getting this sorted out, having on-going technical support and all upgrades done for your website, then please drop me a PM and we can look to move your hosting onto one of our fully managed hosting plans

Ian

Archived