Unable to Capture Credit Card data after Upgrading to 6.2.5 - Mcrypt library missing

teamkenb

I just noticed that I cannot capture credit card data after upgrading to 6.2.5 and PHP 7.2?
I have the following error:

Mcrypt library missing from server required to encrypt credit card 

I have Card Capture 1.0.6

Thanks in advance for any help!

We would recommend that you immediately contact your hosting technical support and make it known to them that you require either MCRYPT or OPENSSL to be available to your PHP. (Your hosting control panel may have the ability for you to configure your PHP environment. If so, there should be a set of checkboxes that enable various PHP extensions.)

mcrypt was deprecated in PHP 7.1 and removed in PHP 7.2 because it is not secure - you should ensure that you get openSSL module installed.

FYI : The Credit Card Capture payment gateway module should not be used by 99.9% of the CubeCart users that have it installed as they dont have the required PCI validation in place although most dont have ANY PCI validation in place but that is another story

I have an unique situation with the credit cards and the only way at this time that it will work for me is to just capture the cc info.

Is there possibly a work around that will let me do this? Another card capture module that is up to date maybe?

First, get the OPENSSL module activated so that PHP (and thus CubeCart) can use it.

Then, hope your credit card processor does not find out that you need a PCI-DSS compliance audit.

(As an aside: Years ago, I studied this for my company, and it's 20% policy, process and procedure for security, and 80% documenting your processes and procedures, and validating your policies. One can say they are compliant, until a breach happens. Then, by definition, you weren't compliant.)

Now that we can be reasonably assured OPENSSL is enabled and available, please make this edit to the code:

In /modules/gateway/Card_Capture/gateway.class.php, near line 100, find:

if (extension_loaded('mcrypt') && function_exists('mcrypt_module_open')) {

Change to:

if (true || (extension_loaded('mcrypt') && function_exists('mcrypt_module_open'))) { // force this true until next version is released

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2019 at 5:24 AM, bsmither said:

Now that we can be reasonably assured OPENSSL is enabled and available, please make this edit to the code:

In /modules/gateway/Card_Capture/gateway.class.php, near line 100, find:

if (extension_loaded('mcrypt') && function_exists('mcrypt_module_open')) {

Change to:

if (true || (extension_loaded('mcrypt') && function_exists('mcrypt_module_open'))) { // force this true until next version is released

This works for me, instead of the code posted in February.

Archived