Field content changing when saving in admin (SOLVED)

Lots Moore

I have just set up a CC6 store and am using the custom foundation 5 skin. My first name is Aeren.

When I am saving some of the admin page settings, some fields are automatically changing to my name (Aeren) instead of the content I entered before saving. Any idea what I am doing wrong? 😕

CB039148-91CF-4617-B14E-177303AF5C1D.jpeg

Welcome Lots Moore! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Some browsers want to make your use of it as easy as possible. One such way is to remember what you entered for similarly named form fields from other pages.

Your browser may have a setting to automatically fill in some form elements from a collection of fields to data maps. This feature sometimes overwrites what you entered with what is in the map when you click Save.

If you recognize this "browser helper" being an add-on to your browser, please try to determine how to submit a form that bypasses the add-on's interference.

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

Welcome Lots Moore! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Some browsers want to make your use of it as easy as possible. One such way is to remember what you entered for similarly named form fields from other pages.

Your browser may have a setting to automatically fill in some form elements from a collection of fields to data maps. This feature sometimes overwrites what you entered with what is in the map when you click Save.

If you recognize this "browser helper" being an add-on to your browser, please try to determine how to submit a form that bypasses the add-on's interference.

Thank you, I have tried it on google chrome, safari & Microsoft edge, pc & ipad and it still replacing the content. When I put in the correct email settings and test, I receive an email confirmation. Then when I press save the content is replaced and it no longer works.

Appears that it only happens in Admin, I have done a few tests on the store front and I haven’t seen it happen.

I also logged in using another user account and the fields were replaced with that user name being Melissa instead of Aeren....

I deactivated the marketplace add ons, saved and reloaded. Still replacing content.

That is bizarre.

I would want to know if the names have been saved in the database.

Using an external database utility (such as phpMyAdmin available through your hosting control panel), look at CubeCart_config, the row where 'name' is "config". The value in the 'array' column will be in base_64. You will need to find a means to decode it (online, or phpMyAdmin has a decoder built in to the context menu of each cell).

You will be looking for "email_smtp_user".

Archived