Administration

Papy

Good evening,

I installed version 6.25. The frontoffice works however on the admin page I have rotating circles and the body of the page is not displayed.

What do I need to do

Thank you

Bonsoir,

J'ai installé la version 6.25. Le frontoffice fonctionne par contre sur la page admin j'ai des cercles qui tourne et le corps de la page ne s'affiche pas.

Que me faut-il faire

Merci

Welcome Papy! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The storefront will mostly work when javascript is not allowed to run, or has crashed. The administration, however, will show a continuous "waiting" throbber (rotating circle) when javascript is not allowed to run, was not loaded, or has crashed.

Please verify that your browser is allowing javascript to load and run, and that it has not crashed. You can determine if javascript has crashed by using the browser's "Developer Tools" console panel.

Hello,

Javascript is ok in my browser, but I have the same problem with the browser 'Opera' and Edge and on my tablet. The problem must come from elsewhere!
From where?

cordially

Please examine the folder structure of your CubeCart installation. Please tell us how many files and folders start with admin? There should be only one file and one folder that starts with admin.

Your browser has "Developer Tools". One of the tools is a Network tab. This screen shows all the requests made and responses received by the browser.

Have that screen open (it should be a separate window) when you log in to admin. Determine if any request has a 404 response.

There will soon be forum participant skilled in website hosting environments to respond with better advice, but to me, it looks like one or more folders and/or files under /admin_ye1GAI/ do not have CHMOD permissions set correctly. That is a guess based on the 403 Forbidden response.

Please examine the file/folders of your site and determine if the above files (in admin, /skins/default/js/plugins.php, etc) have a permission of 644 (-rw-r--r--). There may also be an issue with what "owns" these folders/files.

You may need to get your hosting provider involved in sorting out these permissions.

The files :
admin_ye1GAI/skins/default/js/styles/styles.php

admin_ye1GAI/skins/default/js/plugins.php

Have a permission 644

Let's wait 'the expert' to have his opinion.

in the meantime thank you for your involvement

A 403 error is generally caused by either 1) file or folder permissions or owner / group issues of the files or any directory in the tree to that file or 2) a mod_security rule being tripped although in this situation that seems less likely.  You should put in a support ticket to your hosting company and ask them what the cause is although to be honest if you uploaded / installed CubeCart yourself, any hosting environment that has permission problems that would cause this error, isnt configured correctly

You could check that directories are set at 755 and files set at 644 but if the ownership or group settings are incorrect, you cant change those yourself.

Ian

Archived