Stock Warning setup

Lots Moore

I sell some 1 off items that I don’t want to be included in the stock warnings but want to use the stock warning for other products.

- I tried to set the 1 off product stock warning to -1 but it changes to 0 when saved

- I unticked the statis box but item was still in the stock warnings tab.

-I have the stock warning to individual items rather than global.

I posted an issue in the Github about the database restricting this value to an unsigned integer (minimum value is zero).

In the meantime, I see the code constructing a SQL query which suggests that the item will appear in the Dashboard Stock Level Warnings tab if:

* the item's stock warning level is greater-than zero, or
* the item's stock level is less-than-or-equal to zero AND the stock level is less-than-or-equal to the global stock warning level

Even though you are using the per-product stock warning level setting, the SQL query is using the global warning level anyway. (This may change in a future version.)

So for now, experiment with setting the Store Settings "Global stock warning level" to -99 and the item's "Stock Level Warning" to zero.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:38 AM, bsmither said:

I posted an issue in the Github about the database restricting this value to an unsigned integer (minimum value is zero).

In the meantime, I see the code constructing a SQL query which suggests that the item will appear in the Dashboard Stock Level Warnings tab if:

* the item's stock warning level is greater-than zero, or
* the item's stock level is less-than-or-equal to zero AND the stock level is less-than-or-equal to the global stock warning level

Even though you are using the per-product stock warning level setting, the SQL query is using the global warning level anyway. (This may change in a future version.)

So for now, experiment with setting the Store Settings "Global stock warning level" to -99 and the item's "Stock Level Warning" to zero.

Thank you, I will give it a try :)

Archived