Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisColeman

Contact Form ..

Recommended Posts

Hi,

     when upgrading from V4 store(s), which do not have a built in contact form I have experienced the following problem ..

The migration also migrates the old contact form, but I want to use the new one so i delete the old one and activate the new one. then the new one will not show ..

I can get around it by doing something likethis in my .htaccess, but I'm pretty certain that should not be necessary ?

## Could not get contact form to work without this - 
  RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (.*)$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule contact-us.html?$ index.php?_a=contact [NC]

 

Help .. 💥

 

Regards, ChrisColeman.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That should not be necessary.

Please describe what CubeCart actually does show when the CC6 Contact Us "will not show".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Somehow, janetgoodrickminiatures is becoming part of the URL. That's a bad thing.

Even though CubeCart does a very good job of figuring out where it is, the web server doesn't do as well.

So, in the site's folder (the subfolder janetgoodrickminiatures), the .htaccess file, make sure there is this:

### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ###
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteBase /janetgoodrickminiatures/

 

Edited by bsmither

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,  I already have rewritebase set correctly - Cannot see anything in any logs.

Since this is just a test system I'm not too bothered but will try on a production system probably tomorrow.

One thing strange is that it worked as it should before I removed the old V3 contact plugin.

I don't know if this is correct - In the seo-urls table I have path( contact-us ),  type(doc),  item-id(2), could that have incorrectly migrated from the old system ?

Thanks.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think that is likely. The CC6 seo path for the Contact Us is a type contact and an item_id of zero (0).

But CubeCart would see that 'contact-us' already exists and would try to create another seo path for the type contact.

 

Edited by bsmither

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi -  possibly following a cache refresh or site map regeneration I found the DB had changed but the contact path had become 'contact-us-c', which I edited to 'contact-us'' and now all good.

Many Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...