Contact Form ..

ChrisColeman

Hi,

when upgrading from V4 store(s), which do not have a built in contact form I have experienced the following problem ..

The migration also migrates the old contact form, but I want to use the new one so i delete the old one and activate the new one. then the new one will not show ..

I can get around it by doing something likethis in my .htaccess, but I'm pretty certain that should not be necessary ?

## Could not get contact form to work without this - 
  RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (.*)$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule contact-us.html?$ index.php?_a=contact [NC]

Help .. 💥

Regards, ChrisColeman.

Somehow, janetgoodrickminiatures is becoming part of the URL. That's a bad thing.

Even though CubeCart does a very good job of figuring out where it is, the web server doesn't do as well.

So, in the site's folder (the subfolder janetgoodrickminiatures), the .htaccess file, make sure there is this:

### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ###
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteBase /janetgoodrickminiatures/

Hi,  I already have rewritebase set correctly - Cannot see anything in any logs.

Since this is just a test system I'm not too bothered but will try on a production system probably tomorrow.

One thing strange is that it worked as it should before I removed the old V3 contact plugin.

I don't know if this is correct - In the seo-urls table I have path( contact-us ),  type(doc),  item-id(2), could that have incorrectly migrated from the old system ?

Thanks.

I think that is likely. The CC6 seo path for the Contact Us is a type contact and an item_id of zero (0).

But CubeCart would see that 'contact-us' already exists and would try to create another seo path for the type contact.

• 5 months later...

I have the issue with contact form after upgrading from v4.

It is not working when I try to go to site.com/contact-us OR site.com/contact  I am getting 404 errors

And content form in admin is blank.

Please let me know what I can do

Thank you

Is the page a plain 404 message from the browser? Or is the page showing what looks like a standard CubeCart page but has 404 as the main content?

When looking at the main storefront homepage, there should be a collection of Site Documents. In this collection, there should be one that says "Contact Us". Hover the mouse cursor over that link and view what the browser says is the URL.

If there isn't a link for "Contact Us", then in admin, File Manager section of the left navigation pane, click Contact Form, determine if the Status box is checked.

Archived