Suddenly getting Failed to load resource

varesin73@aim.com

Hi all,

I am a bit lost here and I think it's something to do with the cache. My site http://www.preserving-football-history.net/ looks like lost connectivity to the .css file as you can see. Whne I look at the Browser report it says :

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
19796.css.foundation_20190424073644.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
19796.js_foot.foundation_20190411061840.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
(index):1 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at (index):1
/favicon.ico:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
19796.css.foundation_20190424073644.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

I don't remember doing anything to cause this. Thank you for any guidance.

If it is the case that you had CubeCart switch its debugging mode to off, then a malfunction of the new "combine" feature may have presented itself. The "combine" feature is bypassed when CubeCart's debugging mode is enabled.

The combine function is building a filename having the date of 20190424073644 as a part. That's April 24, 2019 - and this cached file has a lifetime of seven days. Using FTP or the File Manager in your hosting account's control panel, find any similarly-named file in the /cache/ folder: 19796.css.foundation_DATETIME.css.

Just to see if anything different happens, have CubeCart clear its internal cache. This will force new "combine" files to be created.

I had already cleared the internal cache several times but all to no avail. I have now turned the debugging to enables and it's back but has the debugging at the bottom of all pages. I couldn't find any 20190424073644 files in the cache from 24 April.

I have disabled debugging and also disable caching and it seems to be working fine. However when I go into the admin site is gives a warning to turn caching on. Does it matter if I leave it off ?

Having CubeCart's internal caching turned off is also one of the two scenarios when the "combine" function is bypassed. (Also, when CubeCart's debugging is enabled, you must also enter your IP address (www.whatismyip.com) in the adjacent text field so that only you see the debug panel.) Without caching, CubeCart hits the database server much harder, and Smarty must recompile templates every time. Thus, the site becomes 'sluggish'.

You cannot find any files in the /cache/ folder with this syntax?: 19796.css.foundation_DATETIME.css

Where DATETIME is a 14-digit number.

Let's see if there are any clues in the error_log.

Archived