Store emails ending up in junk or spam folder

navimaps4u

I have been notified that emails from my store end up in junk or spam folders, mainly from gmail accounts.

Is there anything I can do in the store settings or c panel settings to rectify this?

Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

Are you using the hosting provider's email server to send your store's emails? Or are you using a third-party's SMTP server to send the emails?

For example, in CubeCart's admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, if you set the method to send as SMTP, is the SMTP Server name "localhost" or a name given to you by your hosting provider to use for your store, or is the SMTP Server name a resource you have permission to use -- such as GMail, your ISP (Comcast, etc), Zoho, Outlook (Microsoft Hotmail), etc.

If a third-party, you may need to adjust a setting on your email provider's account settings control panel to acknowledge other sources of emails (such as your store) to use this SMTP Server on your behalf. (This is particularly true of GMail.)

Then, the hosting provider of your store should be able to assist you in having your emails have headers added that deal with SPF and DKIM records. Without this verifiable data, your store's emails have a greater chance of being rejected.

ThanksĀ  I followed havenswift's advice and changed from php mail() to smtp with SSL on port 465 and it seems to be working ok with gmail, but haven't had any feed back from any other.

Thank you to bsmither and Havenswift for your input, without your help I would be lost.

Archived