Customer cannot cancel an order

vidmarc

It's listed as "Processing" - but says he cannot find a way to cancel it. Is there a way for customers to cancel an order that he isn't seeing?

If I do it via admin, will he be refunded via NoChex as poart of the cancellation procedure?

if he wishes to cancel it, isn't he due a refund anyway ?

I'm goint to assume the issue is around the fact the the order is processing and not pending.

I guess you could remove all entries assciciated with the order number from the database using php admin.

Order_history, Order_summary and order_inventory.

Yes, but will the refund automatically happen if I cancel the order via admin? Or does he need to cancel it himself via his own account panel?

Is there a reason why he cannot cancel the order himself?

If the customer attempts to make payment by use of the payment gateway module installed in the store (PayPal, etc), successful or failed, a transaction took place. This transaction gets logged in CubeCart's database table CubeCart_transactions. Therefore, only if the customer never caused the payment transactor (PayPal, etc) to notify CubeCart that an attempt to make payment happened, will there not be a logged transaction entry.

Only if there is not a transaction logged here for that order, and if the order is still at Pending, then the customer has the button to Cancel that order. Otherwise, only the admin can move the status to Cancel.

Even though the PayPal gateway module (the only one I quickly checked) has code that suggests that there is a way to cancel an order, I have not traced out the code execution, and as such, I do not know how that could get done.

Payment was made via the NoChex plugin.

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/payment-gateways/nochex-apc

In Admin CP,  the order is listed as "processing". The customer says he cannot find a way to cancel his order.

If I change the ststus to "pending", will he then be able to cancel the order and get an automatically triggered refund?

No, because there exists a CubeCart_transactions database table entry referencing that order. Also, I have not found any code that gets automatically triggered that will begin the process of effecting a refund for an order cancelled by either the admin or customer.

(For myself, when I was using Authorize.net, I had to log in to my Merchant Account at Authorize.net and effect a refund there.)

Archived