latest products

foz1234

Is there anyway to display latest products on home screen in order of value starting form most expensive to the cheapest ?

they just seem to display any how, i thought i had sorted this once upon a time ago but cant seem to find any posts about it and i assume upgrading CC has over written what changes i must have made

thanks in advance 

Currently, the database query to get the Latest Products is hard-coded to sort by when the product was added to the inventory (then by product_id).

Fortunately, there is a hook we can use to resort the aquired recordset (by the 'price' on those recently added products), or issue a completely new query.

Hi Brian

Thanks again for your time in replying, the only hook i see in code snippets is the order of gallery images, how do i resort the acquired record set by the price again mate?

Thanks again 

We will create a Code Snippet that fetches a fresh recordset that is sorted by price.

In admin, Manage Hooks, Code Snippets tab, click Add Snippet. The next page load will have a form below the list of existing snippets.

Enabled: Checked
Unique ID: sortLPbyPrice@CC62+
Execution Order: 1
Description: Makes new query to get Latest Products ordered by Price
Trigger: class.cubecart.latest_products
Version: 1.0
Author: https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/55063-latest-products/
PHP Code:
<?php
$query = sprintf("SELECT I.* FROM `%1\$sCubeCart_inventory` AS I JOIN `%1\$sCubeCart_category` AS C ON C.cat_id=I.cat_id AND C.`status`=1 AND $where ORDER BY I.price DESC, I.product_id DESC", $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'dbprefix'));
$latestProducts = $GLOBALS['db']->query($query, (int)$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_latest_products_count'));

Save and clear the cache.

Hi Brian,Thanks for your help with this again, i have tried the above snippet code as suggested and it has not worked, but i must add not sure if it makes a difference,  i have renamed my latest products in Languages>catalogue - display.... latest_products from memory, should i put it back then run re-enable the snippet? (because it did not work after save and clear data i disabled the snippet for now) Will renaming it have stopped it working? i can try again tomorrow  

The only naming that would make a difference would be if the name of the database table CubeCart_inventory, the column 'latest' isn't named 'latest'. The language chosen to use for the storefront and/or what phrase you have chosen to actually display for the concept of "Latest Products" does not matter.

Your message tag indicates you are using "SFWS Homepage Featured Products". This plugin (presumably) does the same thing we are trying to do: it overrules what was originally queried (a list of products where the 'latest' flag is true) with a new query with relevant conditions.

Hi Brian

Yes i used the Homepage Featured Products for New products located at the top of the home page, in there you can manually state the listing order and i have latest products renamed to Refurbished products, until recently I've never had a problem before they were always in order of monetary value, then i added 2 more items that now sit at the front.

Question thinking out-loud what if i remove them from display in Latest items and cleaned cache and then re added them in correct order would that work?

thanks again 

Sorry for confusion Brian, short story  Homepage Featured Products is used for displaying new products (works fine), then I've renamed Latest Products, so i use latest products for my displaying refurbished items on home page.

Until recently everything was fine, then i added more refurbished items in to stock (displayed in renamed Latest Products on home page), they had previously displayed in monetary value, i was trying to get them back into monetary value.  

So you are saying you have both a set of Featured Products (listing newly added 'latest' products or are these in "New" condition?) and a set of Refurbished Products (renamed from 'Latest Products').

Normally, the Featured Product side panel is any one item from a collection of items where the product details have the "Include in featured products" checkbox is checked. I assume the plugin still respects this setting in showing those items you have targeted as being "New".

Still, the Code Snippet above should work assuming no other plugin hook is not interfering.

i will delete the snippet and try again, just one thing "PHP Code:" i assume that is not copied in the PHP Code box with the rest of the script?

i copied from <?php on in to the box and filled out the above as you had it saved, cleaned cache and reloaded the home page but order did not change.

There is a separate tab added in products>General info called featured products (when using Homepage Featured Products module) in there are 2 options with status and order fields, status displays the item the order you set eg.1-20. I used this to list my new items.

i then use the renamed Latest products to Refurbished header for displaying my used items, i use include in latest products radio button to list these.

Archived