Google Analytics - ECommerce Data

peakdistrictseo

Hi.

I'm a total Cubecart noob,

A new client is using Cubecart and I'm learning this system on the job.  How does Google Analytics Work on cubecart, does it automatically set up the ecommerce tracking data ?  I made a test sale and nothing has shown up yet.

Alternatively are there any extensions that provide the ecommerce functionality I need?  Thanks in advance.

Welcome peakdistrictseo! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The GA code is already part of the standard Foundation skin. It will function correctly if you have provided a GA-ID code in admin, Store Settings, Features tab, "Google Analytics ID" text entry field. Then cleared CubeCart's internal cache.

If using a different skin, a skin not derived/copied from the Foundation skin, it may need to have that code added. For CC6.2.5, the Foundation skin template element.google_analytics.php is where the GA code is located. CubeCart needs to have been told (either by not being in the EU(?), or positively having received an indication) that the visitor accepts cookies.

Thanks for Answering bsmither. Can I ,confirm that the GA id we need to provide is the GA Property ID and not the view ID?  I have added that, but Analytics still isn't pulling any data.  I may have to go back to the developer.

Archived