Sign in to follow this  
baked potato

Newest version of MySQL

I don't know what that means.  I was asked what the newest version of MySQL that is compatible with CubeCart is so that someone else can install a newer version on the server for some other software.  

As I have looked at the myriad queries CubeCart makes, there is nothing that I would consider problematic with respect to running MySQL 8 (current version 8.0.16).

MariaDB is considered a "drop in replacement" for MySQL. It is a "fork" off of MySQL -- having no differences in understanding its SQL language.

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

As I have looked at the myriad queries CubeCart makes, there is nothing that I would consider problematic with respect to running MySQL 8 (current version 8.0.16).

MariaDB is considered a "drop in replacement" for MySQL. It is a "fork" off of MySQL -- having no differences in understanding its SQL language.

I agree.

At one point a few years ago it was looking like MariaDB was surging ahead of MySQL but that has gone back in the other direction pretty much now and to be honest it makes little difference what version the server runs, as the speed differences are insignificant at the level of 99.9% of users that would be using CubeCart