You tube link

Angie

I am using the foundation template, I keep taking out my name on the youtube link in the store settings and saving and it removes this from the links at the bottom of my page, but for some reason it keeps putting it back itself, is there anyway to stop this as when it does this its not even to any part of youtube that I have.

20 hours ago, Angie said:

I am using the foundation template, I keep taking out my name on the youtube link in the store settings and saving and it removes this from the links at the bottom of my page, but for some reason it keeps putting it back itself, is there anyway to stop this as when it does this its not even to any part of youtube that I have.

This is most likely to be your browser auto-filling variables trying to be helpful !  This is a problem in a few areas in CubeCart even when the field is set to not autofill (for example the SMTP Authorisation password when configuring the store email in the Store Settings).  Depending on what browser you are using you can disable this for various types of information.

For Chrome, go to the Settings page (enter chrome://settings/ in the browser url) go to the autofill section and then you can disable for passwords, payments methods and addresses and more 

Ian

Thank you Ian. 

It seems to of stayed off for now so will see how it goes I have that many logins that a lot are saved but will take the site one out individually and see if that helps 

Well it stayed off until I made another change sorting the site out, It isn't just one particular change as it is doing it whenever I change anything and I dont have to be in that area of the admin panel to have this happen. I have no idea how to stop it happening.

I am on Chrome but cannot find it in there at all even in the autofill section 

• 6 months later...

I had the same problem. I sorted it by using Edge browser.

Because I never use it, Edge had no autofill in its mind, and I was able to clear the entry and clear the cache. But if I open the page in Chrome, the youtube link is posted back into that field.

All a bit unusual: I have never put a youtube link in, and the link it made up is invalid in that it goes to someone else's youtube account. It also uses http: instead of https:

On 7/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, Angie said:

It seems to of stayed off for now so will see how it goes I have that many logins that a lot are saved but will take the site one out individually and see if that helps 

Dont ever save passwords in a browser - firstly because of problems like this and more importantly because it is insecure.  Use a password manager like LastPass which is free, works across all types of device and means you can use complex and different passwords for every single site and only ever have to remember one password ! If you have saved passwords using the Chrome browser, LastPass will even import these for you and then delete them from the browser save

Archived