URL not found

peterp

Hi All,

I have just migrated a localhost site to the live server but now when I type in the url for the website or the admin page I get a message that says NOT FOUND and when I look at what url it was trying to load this has been changed to https::/my website/setup/index.php which is definitely not what I entered. I have checked and double checked the global.inc.php file and that is ok.

The setup files are no longer in the cubecart directory they were deleted when the site was created in the localhost.

Can anybody please help me as this is becoming rather critical I have to get this site working.

Best Regards,

Peterp

HI All,

I have changed a couple of things and now I get the error 'name.......' see attached. I have checked the global.ini.php file and all is fine. I have imported the database from a localhost  could this be my problem. It seems no matter what I do it doesn't help.

Hope somebody can help

Best Regards

Peterp

busandtruckwiperblades.com.au error.png

We would ask that you really, really, really check to make sure the values in /includes/global.inc.php are correct for the database server you are wanting to connect to.

Make sure that database server is configured to allow the user/pass specified in that file has permission to access the named database.

Then, using an external utility such as phpMyAdmin, make sure there is the database table CubeCart_config, and a column in that table named 'name'.

Be aware that a MySQL database schema created in a Windows database server could have the names of the database tables in lower-case and will function perfectly well, while the database server in other OS's are very strict in letter-case, such that cubecart_config is not the same as CubeCart_config.

Hi Brian,

Thankyou so much for responding to my issue so quickly. I have checked and rechecked the /includes/global.inc.php, I have also checked that the table CubeCart_config is there and has table named name. I changed the cubecart to CubeCart_ and now what I get is a blank screen for both the admin and the actual site. I have attached a screen shot of the config table and also what the local global.inc and remote global.inc hope this helps.

Appreciate your help

Best Regards,

Peterp

busandtruckwiperblades.com.au cubecart_config table.png

global.inc.php local.docx global.inc.php remote.docx

I see a adatabase table name of ccpjp_cubecart_config. You say you changed the name of this table to ccpjp_CubeCart_config. Did you also rename all the other tables to have capital 'C's as in CubeCart?

I will ask that you remove the docx files as they may contain sensitive information.

Hi Brian,

Yes I changed all  the tables firstly to have the prefix and then to have no prefix the result was the same. Currently the cubecart files are all named CubeCart_xxxxxx and I still get a blank screen I have deleted the word documents as you suggested.

I have checked with the hosting company and they assure me all the  database server is configured to allow the user/pass specified in that file has permission to access the named database.

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi Brian,

I have created the script to create the error_log and I have rerun the admin. The login screen displayed and allowed me to login but it then went to blank screen if I run the actual website all I get is a blank screen. There is no error_log file created.

The dbprefix is set to have no prefix as this was just a shot in the dark as to being a possible requirement, there is no need for us to have a prefix if it is not required.

I have attached a directory listing of he public_html to show that the program was created but no error-log was ceated and also the program I created.

Best Regards,

Peterp

busandtruckwiperblades.com.au cpanel public_html directory.png

busandtruckwiperblades.com.au ini-custom.inc.php

Hi Brian,

I have just been rereading the emails from the hosting company and spotted that they said the php 7.2 does not have the MySQL. Is this of any required we need php ver 7.2 or higher for some of the plugins we are using from noodleman.

Best Regards,

Peterp

In your hosting control panel, there may be a place to view and configure the PHP that is used to run the site. PHP 7+ does not have mysql() functions, but does have mysqli() functions. Note the difference: mysql vs mysqli.

This may be what your hosting tech support was referring to.

If there is no error_log file (although I see error_logpjp) created, then the web browser is not liking something and not telling PHP to start up CubeCart.

Please see if there is an error log in your hosting control panel that has entries related to the web server.

According to the image of the file ini-custom.inc.php provided, I see that the code on the first line does not start at the left most position -- that is, there seems to be a leading space before the left angle character (less-than symbol).

Please make this correction.

Hi Brian,

I have just been rereading the emails from the hosting company and spotted that they said the php 7.2 does not have the MySQL. Is this of any required we need php ver 7.2 or higher for some of the plugins we are using from noodleman.

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi Brian,

The error-logpjp only has the errors that were occurring on the 3rd of aug and no recent ones. I have changed the inc.custom.php and removed the space and then did another test on the site with unfortunately the same result (blank screen) and no error-log created.

I have attached the server error log.

I noticed in the PHP info screen under mysqli there is a directive that says

if mysql is not there then is there a problem with this path

directive   =  mysqli.default_socket

local=     /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Master  =      /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

busandtruckwiperblades.com.au server log.png

busandtruckwiperblades.com.au mysqli.png

The image of the error log posted above is from PHP - not the web server error log. And the last group of entries (time 00:23:47) still says that a PHP file has leading non-code that is getting sent out (which is how PHP works) prior to asking PHP to send out the headers.

So, on the theory that index.php, ini.inc.php, and, or ini-custom.inc.php still has leading non-code, I ask that you use your hosting site's text editor to open and re-save these files. It is specifically designed to not include what is called a (invisible) Byte-Order-Mark (BOM).

If you read the third from the last logged message:
Cannot modify...headers already sent...(output started at ini-custom.inc.php line 1...)

If this last group of logged errors are earlier than when you made your last request for a page from your site, then, sure there is still a problem.

But if this group was logged after the file was edited as instructed earlier, then I suspect the text editor that was used added the BOM.

The logged error messages are coming from PHP that is executing the CubeCart code. So, we know that CubeCart is starting up.

Hi Brian,

I have attached a screen shot of the logs in file manager on the hosting site which of the error that I think have occurred today. I have used the file manager's editor to edit and save the files you mentioned however still no luck still get a blank screen. If the file manager editor is not the right editor then could you please tell me where I can find the right one, I might have to talk to the hosting company if this is not the right editor as I cannot see any other editors in the cpanel.

Best Regards,

Peterp

1473354153_busandtruckwiperblades_com.auphperrorlog.thumb.png.a2058a9cefa0d82edf01514bc8c1e57d.png

Now we have logged entries that say:
Cannot modify...headers already sent...(output started at ini-custom.inc.php line 11)

So, there is no BOM (not anymore, anyways), but line 11 seems to have spaces or something after the "code end" right angle character.

Please remove the entirety of line 11, currently containing ?> and possibly some spaces or tabs. The "code end" sequence is not needed in this file, actually.

hi Brian,

I didn't have line 11 so I found a error log code that you wrote aug 6 in 2016 and I copied and paste the code so this should be right now.

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi Brian,

Is there anything else we can do to possibly resolve this issue or should I be thinking about completely scrapping what we have done and start from the beginning again. If I do start with a fresh install of cubecart onto the server that this we solve our issue. Can you please advise as to what he best strategy to take.

Thankyou for your help with this issue  and also your patience.

Best Regards,

Peterp

Remind us where we are currently.

This conversation started with your browser ending up requesting the setup URL. This was probably caused by database table names being the wrong letter-case. Then the file added to create the error log had problems of its own. However, you actually found a log somewhere that did report PHP errors.

So, delete the ini-custom.inc.php file and rely on examining that other log file. In that other log file, we may find what is causing the white page result.

Hi Brian,

I started looking last night for any other posts that had a similar problem to me, I found one that said to rename any plugins and see whether that fixed the problem. I have 1 plugin which I renamed to product-addospjp and then tried to load the site again, well surprise surprise it loaded with the admin logon and I was able to login and get the admin page but when I tried to select an item from the left hand menu it reverted to the blank screen. I have attached the error log that is on the server which I have noticed it is looking for  product-addonspjp/hooks/controller. The products-addonpjp file I deleted as it was not being used.  What I have noticed is that not all of the menu items from the menu on the left cause the blank screen for example I can go in a change /add categories but I cannot see any products as this causes a blank screen. I have created an ini.custom.inc.php file with the suggested code but it has not created an error file. I have reloaded the site to the server using filezilla from the working localhost version, the localhost version is working tremendously however it seems to lose something during migration, so what I'm thinking of doing is to install a fresh version of cubecart without any modifications to see whether it works on this server and database and then start applying the modifications, enhancements and plugins to see which one breaks it. At this point in time I don't know whether I should be talking to the hosting company, the plugin supplier (who is Noodleman) or cubecart forums. If you think this is the wrong direction to go then please advise me.

Best Regards,

Peterp

busandtruckwiperblades error log from file manager.png

In your post above, you say that you created a "ini.custom.inc.php" file. The name of the file is actually "ini-custom,inc.php".

Then, the error log shows Notices. PHP Notices do not cause blank screens.

If running CC625, make this edit: in /includes/global.inc.php, add (or change) on a new line anywhere between the very first and very last existing lines:

$glob['safe_mode'] = true;

This will stop all plugins from working.

Hi Brian,

This has been a saga to say the least anyway it is now all working fine so far, there were multiple issues that were all to do with what PHP 7.2 had set or not set. The hosting company at one stage decided that I didn't need public_html anymore so they erased it, you can image how I felt about that. I reloaded the site once they recreated the public_html directory and then they had to upgrade the PHP and also install the ioncube loader, once we got that done we then had to have some libraries enabled such as GD library, PHP Curl function had to be enabled and the php display errors was disabled and we had to download a new version of one of our plugins and then we had to get a new license for the live server which was different from the localhost license. Basically the plugin was generally the cause of the issues along with the hosting company not having the correct settings after they had upgraded to PHP 7.2.

Thankyou once again for your help and I think this can now be closed.

Best Regards,

Peterp

Archived