Possible to Move CC store to subdirectory of WP domain??

My toy store is currently at dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog. I'm considering moving the store to plushmemories.com/plushcatalog. Https://plushmemories.com is a WP site.

I assume I would need to use a 301 to redirect traffic to the new site. The store has been open a long time, so there are probably lots of links to the current url.

How much trouble with the Wordpress situation will it be to move the store?

@havenswift-hosting your input here would be appreciated when you have time  - NO hurry - 12AM where you are :)

12 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

I assume I would need to use a 301 to redirect traffic to the new site.

Yes that is correct - as you are moving from one domain to another domain but otherwise keeping the url structure then same, it shouldnt be too complex

How much trouble with the Wordpress situation will it be to move the store?

WordPress installation is at the domain root and you are moving a store from a sub-directory to the same sub-directory so should have no effect on the WP installation at all

@havenswift-hosting your input here would be appreciated when you have time  - NO hurry - 12AM where you are :)

For more specific help, please open up a support ticket and as always, happy to help !

Thanks for the reassurance. At this point what I really need is a crystal ball to see if the move would improve our store traffic any or not.

Store name would change as well, although that is no biggie with CC - hard to say if that's a biggie with sales or not.

Still weighing it as a business decision, but at least the move itself is not on the Con side now.

The biggest Plus, in my mind, is that the plushmemories domain receives way more hits than the dirtybutter domain does, even though it is an archive available to the public of plush information.

11 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

At this point what I really need is a crystal ball to see if the move would improve our store traffic any or not.

What I can say is that pretty much every single really successful store (Thousands to many tens of thousands turnover per month) that we host has a very active blog on the same domain.  Google needs new, regular and interesting (from their customer's, ie Google searchers,  point of view) content and so will rank sites that provide that.  E-Commerce sites with products that don't change very often and, for the most part, list products that can be obtained at multiple other stores, struggle to get good rankings and therefore generally much less visitors

20 hours ago, havenswift-hosting said:

What I can say is that pretty much every single really successful store (Thousands to many tens of thousands turnover per month) that we host has a very active blog on the same domain.  Google needs new, regular and interesting (from their customer's, ie Google searchers,  point of view) content and so will rank sites that provide that.  E-Commerce sites with products that don't change very often and, for the most part, list products that can be obtained at multiple other stores, struggle to get good rankings and therefore generally much less visitors

I would agree with that completely, Ian.

But our plushmemories "blog" became SO successful that I could no longer manage it by myself. I moved it to Facebook, where I currently have 5 Admins and 6,100 members - growing every day. Even though the plushmemories website has had NO changes at all for almost 3 years now, it still gets a large number of visits a month. The archive of information it contains about vintage toys is invaluable.

I'm just trying to figure out a way to leverage that plushmemories traffic to help with our store. :)

I do appreciate your advice :)

58 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

But our plushmemories "blog" became SO successful that I could no longer manage it by myself. I moved it to Facebook, where I currently have 5 Admins and 6,100 members - growing every day.

Facebook will love you and make a LOT of money out of you - your main content should be on your domain so you benefit from that traffic - easy to do

Archived