Double Payments

peterp

Hi All,

I have a situation happening which is a little confusing firstly we are using a bank transfer API that has been supplied by the NAB bank in Australia and has been working fine, however recently we have had some double up payments being made not immediately but sometimes hours later after the first the second payment is made. The order is in a pending mode after the first payment but the transaction has been applied to the bank and then the second payment is made for the same amount some minutes to hours later and then the order goes to processing. My question I guess, is there a retry process within CubeCart that may be causing the payment processing to occur a second time because of timeout of receiving notification from the bank that payment has been received. If there is a notification process where can I find it. This doesn't occur on every transaction it seems to be intermittent.

I hope somebody can steer me in the right direction to start looking as my client is having to refund quite a few transactions

Best Regards,

Peterp

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Further investigation has been done on this issue and it seems that the user has closed the tabs on their browser possibly multiple times before going back to finish the order and this seems to have resulted in a double payment occurring. I don't think there is anyway of stopping the user from closing tabs before the order processing has been completed, if there is there could somebody please advise me.

Thankyou

Best Regards,

Peterp

Archived