data equalizer

Claudia M

Hi,

How can I get the price and more info and add to basket buttons to line up when I have three lines of name for an item versus two lines?  (Move it down when 2 lines)  All this and keep the panel the same size throughout.

Thanks for any and all help

panel-data-equalizer.PNG.72abfbf38801f9adee8952aa5d307301.PNG

The following is applicable to the skin you are using.

There is a simple edit. The Equalizer needs to not know about the buttons, so that everything above the buttons has the same height.

In content.homepage.php, find code that looks like (I may not have it exactly, especially the price code):

<h6 class="pad-top">
					<a class="black" href="{$product.url}" title="{$product.name}">{$product.name}</a>
				</h6>
				<div class="med bold pad-bottom"> {$product.price}</div>
				<div class="row collapse thinmarg-top show-for-medium-up">

Change to:

<h6 class="pad-top">
					<a class="black" href="{$product.url}" title="{$product.name}">{$product.name}</a>
				</h6>
				<div class="med bold pad-bottom"> {$product.price}</div>
</div>{* Moved here from after buttons *}
				<div class="row collapse thinmarg-top show-for-medium-up">

Then find:

<input name="add" value="{$product.product_id}" type="hidden">
			</div>
			<input name="token" value="3c71658f782746c1ccc7cfc5e0befc41" type="hidden">
		</form>
	</li>

Change to:

<input name="add" value="{$product.product_id}" type="hidden">
{*			</div> Moved above buttons *}
			<input name="token" value="3c71658f782746c1ccc7cfc5e0befc41" type="hidden">
		</form>
	</li>

Note: The line with <input name="token"> may or may not be present. If not present, do not add it.

This commented out an existing </div> and added it back higher in the code.

There will be a similar edit in content.category.php, the <div class="product_grid_view hide"> section.

Although it seems your content.category.php template is already coded to do this.

You will probably need to have CubeCart clear its internal cache.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

The code works great for my homepage. Thank you. But for the last couple of days I've been trying to get it to work for my content.category page and I just can't seem to figure it out.  I don't use the list view or review so I have commented them out.  Plus my code is not stock at all.  Help!!!! Please!

Claudia

I mentioned above that the View Category page seems to manage this already.

I am observing "Clothes and Accessories" and note in the first row that the panels have a mix of two and three lines of text.

Do you have a page where this is not happening?

I see that, when the price is not displayed, then the panel gets shorter by that one missing line.

So, in the cases where the price is not shown, please determine what test is being made that causes the template to fail at showing the price, and fix it by instead showing a forced space followed by a break: {else}&nbsp;<br/>

Archived