Sale setting issues

Christopher Short

Capture.PNG.dd13373b2aeac643db9ea29fdbf3e4a5.PNG

Ideas on fixing this? I can turn off the sale mode and it goes away. Currently set as a per product sale. Just upgraded to the new version

If you add a price to the sale price in the product cost tab, it updates to that price. $0 is default as I don't do sale prices on most items. When I updated one to reflect retail, it shows retail crossed out and the "sale" price in red of retail amount. 

In the template box.sale_items.php, make this edit:

Lines 19-23, from:
    {if empty($product.sale_price)}
    {$product.price}
    {else}
    <span class="old_price">{$product.price}</span> <span class="sale_price">{$product.sale_price}</span>
    {/if}

To:

{if $product.ctrl_sale}
    <span class="old_price">{$product.price}</span> <span class="sale_price">{$product.sale_price}</span>
    {else}
    {$product.price}
    {/if}

• 3 weeks later...

On 9/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, bsmither said:

In the template box.sale_items.php, make this edit:

Lines 19-23, from:
    {if empty($product.sale_price)}
    {$product.price}
    {else}
    {/if}

To:

{if $product.ctrl_sale}
    {else}
    {$product.price}
    {/if}

So this fixed the pricing, and thank you for that. How do I fix this issue?

Capture.PNG.8b53e91b3edf2d894f197e500d1a6f27.PNG

"This issue?"

From the image, it appears that the table - which cannot get any narrower - has overflowed the area allotted to the category description.

You could pivot the table: Make SkyAngle Size a column and the Specs a header row. Then for each header, use an abbreviation with a blue Info icon (when hovered will show the full specification phrase).

20 minutes ago, bsmither said:

"This issue?"

From the image, it appears that the table - which cannot get any narrower - has overflowed the area allotted to the category description.

You could pivot the table: Make SkyAngle Size a column and the Specs a header row. Then for each header, use an abbreviation with a blue Info icon (when hovered will show the full specification phrase).

What about removing the sales box? People can see the sale price because it shows on the category page. 

The box can be removed from the template, but it will be removed from all pages. It is possible to remove the box when just viewing a View Category page. It is possible to remove the entire right side panel when just viewing a View Category page - or all pages except for the Homepage.

But this doesn't really resolve the actual problem of the table being too wide.

For example, slide the right edge of your browser window to narrow the viewport's width. At some point, the entire right side panel will disappear (as it should) - but the table will still be as wide as it always was. So, even a narrower table could still pose a problem for those who (for whatever reason) want to view your site on a mobile phone.

4 minutes ago, bsmither said:

The box can be removed from the template, but it will be removed from all pages. It is possible to remove the box when just viewing a View Category page. It is possible to remove the entire right side panel when just viewing a View Category page - or all pages except for the Homepage.

But this doesn't really resolve the actual problem of the table being too wide.

For example, slide the right edge of your browser window to narrow the viewport's width. At some point, the entire right side panel will disappear (as it should) - but the table will still be as wide as it always was. So, even a narrower table could still pose a problem for those who (for whatever reason) want to view your site on a mobile phone.

so how do I reformat this table to move as screen size changes? It is built in the product description box. 

1 minute ago, bsmither said:

"It's an image."

I'm going to say that really doesn't change the need to deal with the (image of) the table.

But being an image, we make the browser scale it down -- perhaps to the point of illegibility.

I went and checked, corrected myself. I thought it was an image, but it is indeed a HTML table.

On the View Product page, is this table as wide as it is as being shown in the screen capture above?

I see that the table was probably created using the editor in admin. The <table> tag has hard coded width and height parameters.

Bring the category up for editing. Switch the editor to Source mode. Manually remove the height and width parameters in the <table> tag. Save directly from the Source mode. (Clear Cache if necessary.)

10 hours ago, bsmither said:

On the View Product page, is this table as wide as it is as being shown in the screen capture above?

I see that the table was probably created using the editor in admin. The <table> tag has hard coded width and height parameters.

Bring the category up for editing. Switch the editor to Source mode. Manually remove the height and width parameters in the <table> tag. Save directly from the Source mode. (Clear Cache if necessary.)

That fixed most of it. On mobile, the table is still pushed out of the screen. 

Archived